Gransnet forums

House and home

I've gone and done it again...

(10 Posts)
Blinko Tue 02-Feb-21 19:50:39

Before Christmas, I bought some pastry cutters as I had mislaid mine. When I wanted to cut out some scones some weeks later, I simply couldn't remember for the life of me where on earth I'd put them.

So on my next click and collect, I ordered another set. Came to make scones and (you've guessed...) There's really no hope.

Honestly, I've searched everywhere I can think of.

Blinko Tue 02-Feb-21 19:51:48

Looks like I'll be buying a fourth set. confused

Hetty58 Tue 02-Feb-21 19:57:42

That's funny - as I put mine in the recycling box. I just make scones in a round. Life's too short and I haven't the patience to cut them out.

midgey Tue 02-Feb-21 19:58:55

How about just using a mug?

Witzend Tue 02-Feb-21 20:03:24

I wish my mislaid present would turn up!
Around the end of November I bought a massive bag of mixed nuts for dh’s Christmas stocking - he loves nuts.
I’ve looked everywhere I can think of, God knows what I did with them.
I suppose the only thing is to head back to Waitrose and hope they still have their mega £10 bags of nuts.

PippaZ Tue 02-Feb-21 20:04:08

They will be in that place that you knew you couldn't possibly forget when you put them there.

Yorki Tue 02-Feb-21 20:23:43

That's me allover, I put stuff where I couldn't possibly forget it but yet I always do forget . Drives me crazy, and I still haven't found any of it . Then I think I mustn't have bought it in the first place .

paddyanne Tue 02-Feb-21 21:28:47

use a wine glass ,white for dainty scones and a red goblet for man sized . I use a small chinese bowl as a cutter for pastry when I'm making apple turnovers .Its an ideal size andmy drawer full of cutters doesn't have one that suits .

Blinko Wed 03-Feb-21 08:46:01

Must admit, I've tried using a mug, and a glass but of course you can't then push the pastry out, you have to shake it. Baking in the round seems the best solution.

I expect that, due to s*ds law, I'll find at least two sets of pastry cutters when looking for something else...

Franbern Wed 03-Feb-21 09:37:38

I am usually meticulous in putting everything away in its proper place. However, I recently bought a meat thermometer, used it once, washed it up, etc. When I went to use it next found its container, closed and empty!!!! I only have a small kitchen, but took ages searching for this. At least it meant my cutlery drawer had good clean out. Finally, - light bulb moment, = and I looked UNDER the small counter top oven I have. Yes, there it was, right at the back - must have put it down on the counter when clean and it had rolled underneath.