Gransnet forums

House and home

Feeling smug

(25 Posts)
vampirequeen Tue 09-Feb-21 14:42:21

Seeing that I'm stuck in with lockdown and the evil white stuff I decided to spring clean our bedroom. It was in desperate need of sorting and a spring clean seemed in order. I started with enthusiasm but half way through hit the 'omg why did I start this' stage. Now it's finished and I'm in the smug chufty stage. grin

Kim19 Tue 09-Feb-21 14:45:42

???

midgey Tue 09-Feb-21 14:52:01

Oh nice work! I will start tomorrow.....promise!

glammanana Tue 09-Feb-21 14:54:49

Vampirequeen Exact same thoughts here,yesterday whilst feeling rather energetic I started on the cupboards in the kitchen throwing out anything that may have gone out of date so sorry I started I was so embarrassed at what I found.
Out of date packets of sauces flour jars of pasta sauce which ran out June 2020 I am determined now to rotate correctly from now on.I never even got to under the sink which houses all the cleaning stuff ?

Curlywhirly Tue 09-Feb-21 16:37:22

Well, I decided to use the cold, freezing weather to my advantage too - I decided to defrosted both my freezers. As it never got above 0 degrees today, I put all the food outside (just left the food in the freezers drawers and put them on the garden table covered in towels). 2 hours later- job done! All food remained frozen and it's all back in the freezers.

baubles Tue 09-Feb-21 16:42:30

Well done VQ, enjoy the rosy glow of achievement.

I shoved yet more stuff into the box room and shut the door firmly behind me. grin

Erica23 Tue 09-Feb-21 17:09:09

Well done VQ. I started 3 weeks ago, did the kitchen and cupboards, the wardrobes and airing cupboard. Couldn’t get started again ! Lost all motivation. I’d just decided before I saw your post that tomorrow is the day to start again. Weather forecast say it’s going to be sunny ? hopefully that’ll spur me on .

Callistemon Tue 09-Feb-21 17:25:12

Well done!
I did our bedroom thoroughly before Christmas, moving furniture etc, and wondered where all the fluff comes from? It's probably making its way back again now.

I'm having a good think about what to tackle next.

muse Tue 09-Feb-21 17:33:23

Well done VQ. Do you fancy doing another one hmm?
You would find a few spiders up there though.

vampirequeen Tue 09-Feb-21 17:59:03

I may do the kitchen tomorrow if I still feel this way.

vampirequeen Wed 10-Feb-21 15:29:44

I've started the kitchen. Smugness is increasing exponentially grin

Grammaretto Wed 10-Feb-21 15:51:27

Did I read correctly Vampirequeen? you did a room in a day?
It would take me a day to make a battle plan of where to start and a week to collect the boxes to begin sorting...... I have lost momentum already.
Well done.! I went for a walk in the white stuff instead.

Luckylegs Wed 10-Feb-21 15:56:52

Glammanana now you are shaming me! Ran out of date in a June 2020! I’ve got rid of stuff from 1996 or even earlier!

Namsnanny Wed 10-Feb-21 15:57:28

You beat me to it Granmaretto!! There's no way I could finish my bedroom in one day.
Not if it included cleaning windows and mirrors, and finding a place for all the things that were shoved into drawers until they had a place of their own!
Well done vampirequeen you deserve to feel self satisfied smile

Hetty58 Wed 10-Feb-21 16:02:24

Am I the only one sitting watching the telly and knitting?

Callistemon Wed 10-Feb-21 16:55:44

I was knitting but not even multi-tasking by watching telly.

WW010 Wed 10-Feb-21 16:58:00

Hetty58

Am I the only one sitting watching the telly and knitting?

No. No you’re not ?

sodapop Wed 10-Feb-21 17:14:45

We were going to paint one wall in the living room, now ended up doing the whole room and doing some renovation. Cleared some junk out of the sideboard as well. ?

Hetty58 Wed 10-Feb-21 17:38:02

I'm feeling just a little bit lazy and guilty now!

Mollygo Wed 10-Feb-21 17:44:45

Well done * Vampirequeen* I so need to do that. I wish it would only take me a day.

Iam64 Wed 10-Feb-21 17:47:29

Oh well done vampire. First lockdown saw me enthusiastically doing some much needed sorting of cupboards. I lost the will but the idea of feeling smug appeals. How much sorting qualifies for smug

Nannytopsy Wed 10-Feb-21 17:58:59

We started the photographs today. Our own plus some from both sets of our parents, back to 1919. So far we have thrown away a full washing basket. Very satisfying!

vampirequeen Thu 11-Feb-21 10:33:19

Second day of doing the kitchen. Taking it slowly because post Covid fatigue kicked in and I'm listening to my body. Today I hit a major problem. I seem to have taken more out of the cupboards than I can fit back in grin. I'm a regular chucker outer so everything in the kitchen has to be used at least twice a year. I can't find anything to get rid off. So now having a rest and a think grin

vampirequeen Fri 12-Feb-21 17:07:59

Chufty growing bigger all the time. Kitchen now finished. Only living room and hall to do now. Will take the weekend off and do them next week (unless I have a massive change of heart and motivation) grin

Maggiemaybe Fri 12-Feb-21 17:39:54

Nannytopsy

We started the photographs today. Our own plus some from both sets of our parents, back to 1919. So far we have thrown away a full washing basket. Very satisfying!

It took me a full week to sort out the photos in lockdown 2. I’m still recovering so have done nothing much since.