Gransnet forums

House and home

I need a smooth bottom!!

(6 Posts)
LadyStardust Sun 14-Feb-21 14:37:30

I've just spent several hours searching for a NON quilted mattress protector/cover that will actually fit my Dormeo mattress which is 17cm deep. Ideally I would like a stretchy, zipped, encased cover, but despite my intense searching I can only find ones to fit a 30cm deep mattress. I currently have a quilted one, that just covers the top of the mattress with elastic on each corner. This just wrinkles and drives me nuts. I also have one with a 'skirt' which tucks in like a fitted sheet, but this also rucks up during sleep and also drives me nuts. Surely there must be something out there that will stretch to fit, stay smooth and in place for the night! Please help!

Auntieflo Sun 14-Feb-21 15:57:38

Perhaps you can search more completely that I did, when I found this.
Unfortunately it is quilted, but you may find a different one.
Don't know how to do a link, but here is a photo.

muse Sun 14-Feb-21 16:03:16

Have look on Soak and Sleep. They've a massive range. I bought a topper from them to fit my deep king size.

www.soakandsleep.com/products/toppers?gclid=CjwKCAiAsaOBBhA4EiwAo0_AnA7CXSnBsA0Q3yI9wPcdaDbje7ubkuco9P0tRks4a1f-Sv1ZUl7DmBoCKncQAvD_BwE

Septimia Sun 14-Feb-21 16:09:29

I always have problems with things like that because DH manages to ruck everything up. Fitted sheets are useless, the only answer is king size on a standard double bed.

I did buy a double mattress cover with a skirt - it's held on pretty well with one of those elasticated strap gadgets a bit like braces that go right under the mattress from side to side and top to bottom.

LadyStardust Sun 14-Feb-21 17:59:27

Auntieflo Thank you, but those are too deep. This has been the problem. The depth of the majority of them is 30cm and my mattress is only 17cm. There would be wrinkles galore! I'll take a look on that site though. muse Thank you too, I will look on that site. Septimia I have heard of those brace/suspender things, but I had totally forgotten about them. I'll give those a try. Thanks for the reminder.

Spice101 Tue 16-Feb-21 09:01:22

Could you use the one with elastic at the corners but shorten the elastic to suit the depth of your mattress?