Gransnet forums

House and home

Actually worthy of its own thread

(6 Posts)
Shinamae Tue 23-Feb-21 19:10:15

Oh dear shandy never mind better luck next time. ???

Shandy57 Tue 23-Feb-21 13:09:29

Good to hear you think she is worth her salt.

I'm looking in on the moneysavingexpert forum and unfortunately not everyone is having a good experience with their conveyancer - but not everyone is acknowledging the huge, huge pressure on them with this SD holiday.

I hope your son has better luck next time, it's difficult during lockdown. I went down to Devon for a look around and the majority of estate agents were closed, it was by appointment only - trust me to choose the wettest day of the year. Most of them waved at me in a very friendly way though!

Peasblossom Tue 23-Feb-21 12:37:39

Thought so ??

Shinamae Tue 23-Feb-21 12:32:23

Yes...?

Peasblossom Tue 23-Feb-21 12:28:00

West Country solicitor, Shinamae?

Shinamae Tue 23-Feb-21 12:03:15

As some of you know my son has been trying to buy a property for the last few months and unfortunately both have fallen through, One just a couple of days ago because of the bloody ransom strip!! However I know some solicitors get a very bad press (and rightly so )but our solicitor has been absolutely excellent she has not charged us anything at all for both of these and although we did not instruct her to do the searches as we were going to have surveys done first she has done a fair bit of work on our behalf so I would just like to praise her for being a very fair solicitor ? The only thing she wants us to do is to use her when we do eventually find a property which is fair enough obviously