Gransnet forums

House and home

Help White marks on Navy Jeans

(4 Posts)
Jean321 Sat 13-Mar-21 11:40:42

Can anyone help identify white marks on my Navy Blue Jeans please. They were hanging in my wardrobe and all of the Blue ones are covered in these marks. I thought it may be damp but it does not smell. I have hung a wardrobe dehumidifier to see if that would help. I have washed them previously at 60 degrees a couple of months ago but now they are covered in these marks again. I have put them in the washing again today. Does anyone have any idea what it is and how to prevent. I am stumped as to what it can be. I would appreciate any advice. Thank you.

Notinthemanual Sat 13-Mar-21 11:54:58

I don't know how that happened but I think I know how you can fix them. I had a similar problem with black jeans and the Grans advised Dylon, which worked perfectly.

Jean321 Sat 13-Mar-21 16:47:22

Thank you, thought it must be something to do with the Dye. Will give the Dylon a go.

Whiff Sat 13-Mar-21 17:12:39

Could be the dye has run. 60° was probably to hot. Should wash then at no more than 40°. 30° probably would be enough. But you may need to use a dye to get them a uniform blue again. Follow the instructions to the letter on the dye. Then only wash them at 30°. Hope that works.