Gransnet forums

House and home

Look After My Bills

(8 Posts)
GrandmaKT Mon 15-Mar-21 14:47:47

I see a thread was started on this company about a year ago, but there weren't many replies and I thought more grans might have had experience of them now...

For those who haven't heard of them, they are a company who basically 'take control' of your gas and electricity supplier. Every year they will search out your best option and, after checking with you, switch you onto them. There is no charge for the service, (they obviously get commission from the companies you are switching to).

I am tempted to go with them, to save the hassle of comparing and changing. My DH doesn't like the sound of it as it is relinquishing power (but then, he never does any of the comparing or switching anyway, so it's no hassle to him!)

So, my questions are:

1. Have you used them?
2. Is it a good and easy service?
3. Have you had any problems with the companies you have been switched to or with the switching process?
4. Has it saved you money?

Many thanks smile

vampirequeen Mon 15-Mar-21 14:57:22

I've never used them. I prefer to do it myself and keep control.

Luckygirl Mon 15-Mar-21 15:03:56

I am registered with them, but have little to say really. They swapped me to a supplier and I have been with them nearly a year.

I am now in the position where I am moving house and have had to tell the supplier this, which I have done. I have to stick with a new contract with these people when I move next week or else I incur severance charges.

Attempts to communicate with LAMB about this have achieved nowt. I am just going to bash on on my own and see what happens. Email messages from LAMB seem to come from random individuals with little to identify the source, so I have avoided opening some of the messages.

I do not know whether they saved me money with the new contract.

Oldbutstilluseful Mon 15-Mar-21 15:16:52

I have just cancelled after 2 years. I was due to change suppliers and LAMB had notified me of my new supplier when I had an email from Ofgem to say that as my supplier had ceased trading I was being moved to British Gas. I need to stay with them until my credit/debit has been agreed and finalised.

Since then I’ve been told by LAMB that my move to the new supplier was about to go ahead, resulting in several emails between us before they accepted I have to stay with BG for now. I cancelled because I wasn’t happy that my previous supplier ceased trading and if the suppliers they use are not safe could it happen again, and although they knew about my move to BG and the reasons for it, they were still going to move me again.

When I know my financial situation is sorted, I will look at the options available, including Moneysavingexpert pick me a tariff tool.

Luckygirl Mon 15-Mar-21 16:37:10

If they come back to me with a supplier change I will just ignore it and not sign the papers.

travelnan Mon 15-Mar-21 16:51:42

Oh dear, yes I did use them and it was the biggest mistake of my life. They signed me up to one company then later said they had signed me up with another company. It was after receiving my bank statement I discovered I was paying two lots of direct debits to two different companies! I e-mailed LAMB and as Luckygirl says they are just ignored. To cut a long story short I managed to sort out the mess myself and have now sorted out my own supplier. I would not recommend them at all, avoid at all costs.

GrandmaKT Mon 15-Mar-21 19:16:41

Thanks very much for the feedback. Judging on the evidence so far, I don't think I'll be signing up.

Franbern Tue 16-Mar-21 09:13:58

Interesting to read these posts. I would say I was doubtful of this company, as I could not see clearly where they were getting their pay from.

When I was working, I used to take one day annual leave each year to have the time to sit at my computer and work out best insurance for my car and home, and best value for utilities. Time consuming - since I have retired, then do have that much more time for such things.

As a bit of a 'control freak' I do prefer to be in control of such things myself. Not difficult to get good comparisons, as well as looking into other aspects, eg: how green, etc.

If LAMB or similar organisations are getting their pay from the companies they recommend, then those companies will eventually pass this on to us the consumers.