Gransnet forums

House and home

Curtain rails

(5 Posts)
Ngaio1 Thu 18-Mar-21 10:34:22

I am about to decorate my bedroom. I have chosen a colour (mizzle green) and ready to go. Two queries: I have had my two curtain poles for about fifteen years, they are dull gold and the finials are fleur de lies. Wondering whether to keep them or shall i regret it if I don't change them for new. Also, I have a corona which i would love to paint and place over the bed head. Has anyone done this successfully or are they too much of a fiddle, Thank you Gransnetters!

B9exchange Thu 18-Mar-21 17:44:15

We have a corona over the bed head, and it gives me joy every time I go into the bedroom. As well as the curtain rail for drapes round the front, I fitted one across the back, and used that for a satin backdrop in toning colour. Also got an electrician to install a downlighter in the centre. I guess it all depends on the style of the room as to whether you want keep your curtain poles, if the gold has become dull, you could repaint them.

You could go for a green toile de jouy bedcover and drapes perhaps, just a suggestion.

Blossoming Thu 18-Mar-21 17:44:41

I think it’s up to you Ngaio your tastes and what you prefer. Does the colour go with your new paint? Are you replacing the curtains too?

I’m not sure what a corona is in this context ?

B9exchange Thu 18-Mar-21 20:08:40

Actually it is a coronet I think you mean, we all have Coronavirus on the brain! grin Something like this?

marymary62 Fri 19-Mar-21 19:34:12

Oh dear - after a lot of decorating and renovating have finally had new carpet fitted in bedroom - and hate it ! It was so a bad choice I don’t know where my head was ! Pandemic boredom led to an unnecessary overhaul and now I regret it! Has anyone else made a daft mistake and how did you cope ? I’ll have to live it I guess as too expensive to change - you’d think I would know what works by now !