Gransnet forums

House and home

Please could you recommend a portable air conditioning unit

(9 Posts)
mokryna Wed 30-Jun-21 20:19:28

I am a bit worried that I will not be able to go somewhere cooler when it gets hot in my flat this summer. Of course I close the blinds and I have air ventilators etc etc but I would like to but a portable air conditioning unit as a back up if it gets something like BC.
I have looked back over pass forums but have not pinpointed what I think I need.

Jaxjacky Wed 30-Jun-21 20:55:47

Not air con, but we bought a 10ltr portable air Chiller from ProBreeze, not used it yet. I researched and researched air con/chillers, this seemed the best option for the price, about £140.

mokryna Thu 01-Jul-21 10:57:59

Thank you Jaxjacky does it have an electrical energy grade please?

mokryna Thu 01-Jul-21 11:03:20

Would it cool a room of 35C down as it does get hot here?

Jaxjacky Thu 01-Jul-21 11:52:18

mokryna it has N/A for energy efficiency but two out of three leaves for eco friendly..only their air con units have energy efficiency ratings.
They say it’ll cool a medium room, may be best if you look on their site, also sold through Amazon which has questions and reviews. I bought ours in March, price seems to have gone up.

greenlady102 Thu 01-Jul-21 11:53:45

You need to say which country you are in?

mokryna Thu 01-Jul-21 12:10:31

France, but I can buy the same goods as in the UK, probably cheaper.

Jaxjacky Thu 01-Jul-21 12:17:42

Understand the need, we lived in France for four summers (April-Oct). We had 40C, too much, but mostly found the heat easier to cope with than when it gets hot here, also rented an old stone house which stayed cool.

mokryna Thu 01-Jul-21 12:45:15

I live in a flat in town. Well off to the shops to look in the flesh/metal as shopping online isn’t really clear, I like touching and lifting. Thank you