Gransnet forums

House and home

Ant

(3 Posts)
Allsorts Tue 13-Jul-21 06:32:00

Does anyone know of any way I can stop ants digging under my porch, they were at it for months and now ready to fly. I have tried, lavender oil, vinegar and water, ant killer, talcum powder, tea tree oil, bunches of lavender in strategic place and they have thrived on them all. Even bounced back after boiling water. I am genuinely worried about the amount of sand and debris they dug up. Not just one nest but multiple. Thank you.

Fleur20 Tue 13-Jul-21 06:48:14

"Diatomaceous earth is a naturally occurring sand made from the fossilized remains of diatoms. These are tiny aquatic organisms whose skeletons are composed of natural silica – an essential ingredient of diatomaceous earth.

It looks like an off-white powder, a bit like talc, and has no noticeable odour. It's non-toxic and abrasive and can be used for a number of handy things."

Basically they walk through it..it sticks to them..desiccates them and they die.. you are desperate!!!
Harmless to children and pets.. many people ingest it as a tonic!! Wear gloves as it will ruin your nails and hands.. it looks innocent but is abrasive in volume..

Fleur20 Tue 13-Jul-21 06:50:07

..meant to say..available on -!mazon and other places.. look around ..you should be able to get some free delivery.. 1kg will be fine..