Morning all, I'm very relieved to have men on my roof fitting a tarpaulin, and they've helped me put the electricity back on, although it may trip again at any minute.
About 1 pm last night I was just going off to sleep when there was a huge bang - large piece of the ceiling on the sofa and floor, sofa and carpet flooded with water. Electricity went off at the same time it happened - I've been sleeping with the hall light on, with a torch just in case. I emailed my surveyor and asked if he knew of any other roofers that might be able to help me, and he turned up here at 9 am to say he'd pulled in a favour. Thank heavens, last night I had a panic attack at living like this, we have more heavy rain predicted. I hope the tarpaulin can stand the strain. No sign of the insurance man yet.
I do feel a bit as though I'm on another planet, while I was waiting for the men to turn up I took my dog for a very short walk. I thought I heard a chicken squarking, then thought it must be a pheasant - no a big white hen, running through the gardens. I came back and put my dog in the car, and got my bird catching kit which I carry in the car in case of any hurt seabirds at the beach. Chicken was too fast for me, but she's resting. I did knock at the door of the person I thought owned her but he's at work, hopefully she'll be home soon.
Yogi, when you move into your new place you have to phone the utilities give them your details and continue with what is there, until you decide to change. My vendor told me she was cancelling broadband completely, so I rang Talktalk to tell them I was moving. Keep us updated!