Gransnet forums

House and home

Does anyone shop with La Redoute?

(18 Posts)
62Granny Tue 14-Dec-21 18:05:34

They do take a little longer as most stock is kept in their French warehouse, but I usually get it within 7/10 days my last order was ordered on black Friday weekend and I received it last weekend so that was 2weeks. I did get a text to say there was a delay. I find the quality of their products are usually good I find the often have 40% sales . Their bedding especially good.

JaneJudge Tue 14-Dec-21 17:54:52

well they finally came and they are really lovely so maybe I just need to bear in mind it takes a long time for delivery

Sashabel Fri 10-Dec-21 16:26:57

I have used them in the past, but never again. Their deliveries are appalling!! I have waited 4 weeks before now for some clothing to be delivered. If you want anything in time for Xmas, you need to place your order by the middle of October

JaneJudge Fri 10-Dec-21 15:58:01

It sill hasn't arrived. On the track my order reference hermes are still expecting my parcel!

Gajahgran Tue 30-Nov-21 21:14:35

I have used La Redoute often over the years and have had some good bargains. I do not usually have any problems with delivery and find it very simple to order. I think they do have warehouses in the uk but things seem to be a bit slow at the moment probably due to Black Friday which seems to go on for at least a week! I hope you get your order soon JaneJudge.

Kali2 Tue 30-Nov-21 19:03:09

Yes, use it often, In FRance.

Redhead56 Tue 30-Nov-21 18:59:31

I just ordered a coat it does state on the web page that there are delays with orders being delivered.

JaneJudge Tue 30-Nov-21 15:07:49

I think they may be spying on me as I've had an email saying sorry to have kept me waiting, we'd have hoped you'd have had the parcel by now but they are waiting for it to be shipped from their french warehouse!

sodapop Tue 30-Nov-21 13:16:12

I had the same impression GagaJo when I used the French site. Its not at all user friendly, I don't bother with them now.

JaneJudge Tue 30-Nov-21 11:05:13

Thanks paddyann. I decided to change and wash my bed sheets today on this information grin

paddyann54 Tue 30-Nov-21 10:40:38

I use the for childrens clothes and they are usually slower than British companies .Their website does say that deliveries are taking longer than usual for a varietyof reasons ( cough,Brexit) and are around a week later than usual.

JaneJudge Tue 30-Nov-21 09:47:40

so they are slow and other places are slow anyway at the moment?

I have also ordered bedding, some of those pretty patterned sheets and pillow cases.

Will I get them before Christmas? confused

Sago Tue 30-Nov-21 09:34:52

It is slow, a lot of the goods come from France.
I currently have some bedding on order with them.
However it’s free delivery if you do click and collect.

GagaJo Tue 30-Nov-21 09:32:39

I've tried to order from them a few times. They aren't the easiest of companies. Most online sites make it too easy to order. It's almost as if LR don't want your business.

Nannan2 Tue 30-Nov-21 09:30:33

Home delivery is the bane of my life!? I'm always blinking chasing them up, emailing etc, i emailed one company after 5days, who suggested i get in touch with the couriers- so i replied, "how about YOU chase it up with them, seeing as how you're the ones who gave them the job to deliver it in the first place, & ask them how it takes so long after pick up to deliver one small parcel?" - 1 hour later i got message from courier saying will be delivered etc" & it arrived following day !?

Casdon Tue 30-Nov-21 09:29:00

I ordered a few things last week which haven’t come yet either, most companies did warn me that it would be 8-10 days delivery time due to increased volume of buying online.

Germanshepherdsmum Tue 30-Nov-21 09:21:49

I don’t know about LR but I have ordered several things from various companies in the last few days and things aren’t being dispatched as quickly as usual, I suspect because of the volume of orders that Black Friday generates.

JaneJudge Tue 30-Nov-21 09:14:55

I didn't know where to put this smile

I just wondered how their delivery usually is? I ordered some items from them last week and they haven't even been despatched yet. I realise I am most probably being impatient but don't most companies aim for 3-5 working days, these days?