I was given a lovely bottle garden by my daughter as a birthday present. It came with what looks like a spider plant, a peace lily and another plant that resembles lamb's lettuce. There is a gap at the front of the compost, and I was wondering if I should put a small succulent in there. I have one that needs repotting anyway.
My husband says that this is a bad idea, as succulents should be planted in sand, rather than compost, and it will die. I will add here that despite his confident opinion he knows nothing of indoor plants
, so I am asking on here - is it ok to mix plants in a bottle garden, so that desert plants and 'soil plants' (as you can see, I am no expert either!) are together? It is a 'closed' one that shouldn't need watering, if that makes a difference.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
What's next for Meghan and Harry?
Words of wisdom from literary gransnetters
We are surrounded by sea so why is fish so expensive?
EE sending me a new SIM card because I opted for a new deal.


