Gransnet forums

House and home

Saniflo toilets

(11 Posts)
Sofa Sun 03-Jul-22 21:45:48

We’ve had one for 10 years with no problems.

Caleo Sun 03-Jul-22 19:25:44

Daughter in law has a downstairs one and sensible kids and visitors. She also has MANY notices around the little room to tell people to deposit only excretions and soft toilet paper in the loo. No wipes, papertowels, STs, or Tampax.

MrsKen33 Sun 03-Jul-22 19:20:22

My GD was terrified of theirs when she was small. Noisy.

Grantanow Sun 03-Jul-22 11:43:35

We had one in our French house 2nd bathroom and it gave no trouble at all. Needs a notice 'Put nothing down the loo unless it's been through you (except loo paper)'. Cherry stones if swallowed can cause problems according to our French plumber as they are very hard and blunt the macerator blades. A bit noisy but not awful.

Purpledaffodil Sun 03-Jul-22 11:36:29

Have had one in upstairs bathroom for about 30 years. Was replaced about 13 years ago. Any problems more to do with bad installation which has now been resolved. We do have a family rule that it’s for wees only which we share with overnight guests. But small visiting GC don’t count ?

Shandy57 Sun 03-Jul-22 10:32:22

We had one in our self catering unit. Worked perfectly until I was cleaning and absentmindedly threw a cleaning wipe down, which blocked it. Very luckily the Saniflo engineer travelled the 100 mile round trip to fix it for me, local plumbers wanted to replace the whole unit.

Oopsadaisy1 Sun 03-Jul-22 10:24:34

We’ve had one for 24 years, it blocked once after we had visitors and someone put something down the loo that they shouldn’t have ( we now have a discreet sign asking ladies not to put stuff down the loo) the engineer fixed it, it cost just over a £100 back then, over 20 years ago.
We had it serviced last year and they don’t make ours any more.
So if anything goes wrong with it we can’t get any spare parts and will have to buy a new one.

LadyGracie Sun 03-Jul-22 10:16:55

My sister has one in an upstairs rather grand bedroom, it was fitted by previous owners more than 20 years ago, she's had no problems at all, slightly noisy but can't be heard downstairs.

Franbern Sun 03-Jul-22 08:35:58

My eldest daughter has one of these in the 'under the stairs' cloakroom she had put in about fifteen years ago. Never had the slightest problem with it.

They are more noisy than normal loos, so not really ideal for en-suites, but for downstairs cloakrooms, yes really good.

silverlining48 Sat 02-Jul-22 08:48:57

We had one fitted years ago, found it helpful and don’t recall any problem with it.

Dogsmakemesmile Sat 02-Jul-22 08:37:47

A rather dull discussion but wondering if anyone can help. I would like to have a second w/c in the house and only suitable location is under the stairs. Has anyone else done that? I think we would need a Saniflo toilet. Would you recommend? Many thanks.