My priorities would be different if I were looking now. Last time it was location, number of bedrooms, garden - basically ‘family friendly’ attributes. Now it would be location (but with ‘on the flat’ rather than ‘near good schools’ as a priority), then ease of maintenance, as I would only be moving for that sort of convenience.
Clutter doesn’t bother me, as I’m not buying other people’s ‘stuff’. I don’t care about tidiness, but dirt would put me off, as would smells and noisy neighbours.
Decor wouldn’t bother me too much, as it can be changed; but I’d rather not have the hassle and expense of decorating everywhere. Heavy wallpaper and patterned carpets would deter me, particularly if I were buying at the top of my budget and couldn’t afford to get rid of them before moving in.
Words of wisdom from literary gransnetters
We are surrounded by sea so why is fish so expensive?
EE sending me a new SIM card because I opted for a new deal.



