Gransnet forums

House and home

Smudgy mirrored microwave door

(13 Posts)
Hellogirl1 Wed 18-Jan-23 17:03:31

The title says it all. My microwave has a mirrored door, but I can`t get all the smudge marks off, and it looks a mess! Any tips, please?

Siope Wed 18-Jan-23 17:08:15

I wash mine with slightly soapy water, then polish it with a dry bamboo cloth. Paper towels work too, but that seems wasteful.

Grandyma Wed 18-Jan-23 17:19:00

I do the same as *siope*. Slightly soapy water then polish with paper towels or a microfibre cloth.

HeavenLeigh Mon 23-Jan-23 23:05:53

I wash mine with soapy water dry with microfibre cloth looks great

MayBee70 Tue 24-Jan-23 00:08:53

I use glass cleaner. Sometimes a wipe ( I try not to use wipes but every now and again get as much use out of one wipe as possible: it amazes me how clean they get things). I wish I hadn’t bought my microwave, I hate the mirrored door.

Fridayschild Tue 24-Jan-23 00:19:21

My microwave (a combi) has a glass door that cleans well with a glass cleaner. The inside glass cracked with a bang last week and DH ordered and replaced the broken glass (with a bit of help from me) I cleaned and polished all glass sections but when he was reassembling it he got a bloomin’ fingerprint on the inner glass. Can’t get to it as it’s all sealed up again and so I’ll have to live with it. Annoying. But maybe a good glass cleaner using a microfibre window cloth would work on the mirror surface.

herringbur Fri 24-Feb-23 04:58:22

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Palmtree Fri 24-Feb-23 06:04:50

Yes I also wash mine with water made soapy with a small squirt of washiing up liquid. Make sure the water is hot and you wash over the smudges quite firmly. Then thoroughly rinse with clean warm water before drying and buffing with a clean rag/paper towel.

LadyGracie Fri 24-Feb-23 07:26:36

Try induction hob cleaner, apply and rinse then buff up with a soft cloth.

Sago Fri 24-Feb-23 10:11:40

White vinegar and water in a spray bottles cleans all glass and mirrors, no need for expensive products.

aonk Fri 24-Feb-23 11:30:58

I’m following this thread with interest. No problem with my microwave but I struggle with my glass gas hob. Greasy splashes are hard to remove and it often looks smeary. I’d be grateful for any tips!

AGAA4 Fri 24-Feb-23 11:57:07

I find bicarbonate of soda is good for tackling glass oven doors.

Caleo Fri 24-Feb-23 13:15:53

I use Brillo pads and water for the mirrored door of the table top oven which is dirtier than the microwave oven door. The Brillo pads seem to do no harm at all over the years, and clean brilliantly.