Gransnet forums

House and home

Impossible to clean my juicer

(10 Posts)
Dazy Fri 13-Oct-23 21:16:06

It looks so manky! It'd plastic but the different parts look like they're called in limescale, but it's not ...
Any suggestions as to what I might clean with ? I'd like to leave it on my counter but it's quite yucky
Thank you

Whiff Fri 13-Oct-23 22:26:13

Dazy never have a problem with my old fashioned glass lemon squeezer which I have had since 1981. What is it you are juicing?

MiniMoon Fri 13-Oct-23 22:33:40

Is it dishwasher safe? The goblet of my blender is plastic and I put it in the dishwasher. It's been fine so far.
It might tell you if you still have the operating instructions.

Redhead56 Sat 14-Oct-23 09:43:31

My DH bought me a juicer years ago but I admit it ended up in the charity shop too much faff.

Ziplok Sat 14-Oct-23 17:39:55

You could try soaking the plastic parts in bicarbonate of soda. It might help.

Janiepops Sat 14-Oct-23 19:44:35

Put washing powder or liquid (these don’t froth up like washing up liquid) in juicer with mug of hot water , switch on , leave 15 seconds or so, tip out, rinse, then repeat with just plain water to re-rinse, all done! 👍😄

karmalady Sun 15-Oct-23 07:17:14

Depends what sort of juicer you have, mine is an omega vertical slow juicer, which I do always leave out on the worktop. I always fill with warm water and leave it turning, with exit closed, then all I need to do is wipe after emtying. I juice vegetables in mine

Yes there will always be a cloudy appearance and staining from carrots but as long as the tiny holes are clear then really nothing to worry about. A false teeth tablet would probably work, followed by a gentle scour with a dish pad, or try some bar keepers friend and a gentle scour

Other than that, make a cover

karmalady Sun 15-Oct-23 07:19:34

my last juicer was old and the white plastic yellowed, as it does. I made a cover for that one. Present one does not need a cover as it is black

Grantanow Sun 15-Oct-23 15:16:46

Too much mess and faff.

Dazy Tue 17-Oct-23 20:33:02

Thank you everyone,just read all your replies now as I'd forgotten I'd posted!