Gransnet forums

House and home

Drip tray under fridge…

(4 Posts)
MayBee70 Fri 03-Nov-23 12:49:00

I have a separate fridge and freezer and, last night pulled out my small under counter fridge to clean the floor under it and vacuum the back. To my horror I realised the drip tray was absolutely filthy. It isn’t a removable one so I struggled to clean it so I cleaned it as best I could using wipes and white vinegar. I didn’t realise it needed cleaning occasionally. Is it just me that didn’t realise it was a cleaning job that needed doing? I feel so slovenly blush?

Georgesgran Fri 03-Nov-23 13:07:31

You certainly aren’t alone!
I’m often finding places I should have been cleaning for years, but haven’t!
I need a new element in one of my range ovens and dread to think what will be found behind it, when it’s pulled out!!

MayBee70 Fri 03-Nov-23 13:13:11

I pulled out my cooker the other week, too. It’s always greasy underneath and behind it. I hate the thought of what’s behind the barge boards in my kitchen, too. I don’t understand the latest trend for no wall cupboards; I don’t see how the items can stay clean and foodstuffs on the shelves sometimes need to be kept somewhere cool and dark.

Farmor15 Fri 03-Nov-23 13:39:56

Those drip trays behind fridges can be the cause of horrible smells! Instruction manuals with fridges never mention them. And as MayBee70 said, they are mostly not removable so very difficult to clean.
If you have a persistent bad smell in fridge area, pull out fridge and have a look!