crazyH
I didn’t what a wooden prop was. I had to Google. But isn’t it unpractical during weather like this ?
I think the prop we had when I was a child would have been purloined from the local pit, where wood was used for lots of things.
Wood is far more resilient than plastic or metal as I have found out. The metal rusts, the plastic breaks. Think of wooden clothes pegs, they have more working parts than the old wooden ones. Think about trees, they seem to cope ok in the rain.
Maybe I should ask my son to make me one- he's always got plenty of old wood around.
Yes, I know I could do a google search but was also looking for recommendations.
Midgey your B&Q idea sounds an option as I have one just down the road- their telescopic ones are really poor. I shall try this out!