My mum used to have 2 pairs in the mid 60’s for ‘summer’. She’d take them down and wash them in sudsy water in the bath where, because she, my dad and family and friends ALL SMOKED in the house, the bath water would turn brown.
I certainly do polomint and dreadful things they were too. Whoever thought they were a good idea never had to shorten the wretched things! Mum never bought any for our house but I do recall being asked to alter several pairs for the neighbours who thought they were the best thing since sliced bread.
I put on a new pair of gardening gloves today and when I took them off my hands were tingling. It put me in mind of how my hands felt when I touched my fibre glass curtains many years ago. They were in fashion in the 1970s I think. I had a pair in my bedroom and also my living room