Allsorts, do try to look at the positives of home moving. So many bad stories. You will also find that virtually all those that did finally make their moves are so very happy with the result.
In your eighties, you really need to make the move as smooth as possible. What are your reasons for doing it now? Is it down-sizing, or are you wishing to move to a different area?
Be flexible in what you need. You mention outdoor space - a good sized balcony in a flat/apartment along with a communal garden could be the best answer, rathe rather than your own garden which you will probably need to have to employ a gardener. Car space? How long do you genuinely belief you are going to continue driving safely? Probably better looking for somewhere close to bus stops and stations.
I moved from what I had thought was to be my forever house (into which I had moved from the family house when I was in my early 60's. By my late 70's I knew I needed to do away with stairs, gardens and lots of housework, and finally moved into my wonderful flat. This was a move 150 miles away from where I had always lived. Turned out to be one of the best decisions I have ever made. Yes, there were problems and tears during that sale/purchase period, but quickly forgotten once I had happily settled in.
So, make out your lists of what you are looking for - first list what you definitely MUST have, second list - what would be nice to have, and third list - what is not at all important.
And - do not forget things like nearby shops, doctors, ease to get to hospitals, dentist, park, theatres, cinemas, etc. etc.
Do let us know how you get on - expect some 'bumps' on the way and allow lots of time. In the meanwhile, start your decluttering, and do ensure that you have all the paperwork on your present home in good order.