I made a change since my last post and decided to now buy the *heavy duty* base as the feet are longer and will be more secure in the heavy wind here. I put two sandbags on the base, each filled with 20kg dry sand as that is the maximum I can lift. I already have weights for my raised bed covers and they are now on top of the sandbags. Total is probably 50kg but it is the longer feet which make it more secure
I tested the umbrella yesterday during the stronger winds and have marked its position on the patio with small pieces of gorilla tape. I did need to re-insert the base tube but did it properly and nothing swings in the wind. The shade edge is only 6 inches from my house wall and will do a great job wrt solar shading my kitchen, as well as me on my patio. I felt confident enough to leave it when the wind was strong and I was in the house.
I have also made garage space for winter storage, I have no intention of dismantling the lower tube from the legs but will need to lift the actual umbrella out. Both parts will go into the garage
I hope this helps someone wrt this particular make. I am 100% happy
Burnham - rejoin Europe in one shape or form?
What would be the worst figure of speech if you took them literally?



