Three years ago I had my en-suite shower room completely re-done. For the previous 12 months I went to as many bathroom showrooms as I could, getting ideas and working out I liked and what I needed.
Used a local company, with them acting as Project Manager, so I did not have to do anything other than let them in each morning and make them mugs of tea, etc.
Comfort height toilet - wonderful, Non-slip Amtico tiles on floor. Wall mirrored cupboard which has a 'magic light', and is non-misting. I just wave my hand under it for light to be switched on/off. Inside I can charge my toothbrush.
In shower I have one normal grab rail, and one that actually acts as a corner holder for shampoo, etc. The totally non-slip base does not require me to use anything else in there.
The whole thing has fitted cupboards, making cleaning so very simple and easy. I also had the heavy wooden door taken off and replaced with a bi-fold - so if I did have a bad fall in there, I would not be blocking anyone trying to get entry to me.
The cost was frightening - cost me nearly double the amount that we paid for first house when we got married in 1984. end of terrace, Victorian 3 bed.
BUT....so glad I had this done, it is safe, easy to use, very easy to keep clean AND looks good