Gransnet forums

House and home

sofa

(4 Posts)
Casdon Thu 08-Oct-26 22:21:37

I’ve got light coloured fabric sofas, and I confess that having had them dry cleaned a couple of times, I now put them in the washing machine a couple of times a year, and they come up like new. It was a bit of a gamble the first time, but I’m glad I took it.

Oreo Thu 08-Oct-26 22:08:14

Light fabric sofas can take colour from clothes particularly if the weather is hot and you’re wearing jeans.Always best when buying a fabric sofas to pay to have it sprayed against stains.
Look online for a good furniture foam cleaner or ask in a furniture store for one.

lovethepuppies Thu 08-Oct-26 21:46:21

I'm not sure how to remove colours but you could try putting a nice throw over the sofa to cover and protect it?

Dawn62 Thu 08-Oct-26 21:23:06

hi.we bought new sofas about six months ago,fabric quite light sofas and i have just noticed where we sit you can see an outline of i am guessing fabric transfer.Bit stressed as they are fairly new and only ever had leather before can anyone advice how to get the colour marks off is it possible.Tried just running a damp clothe over the sofa dirt comes off on the cloth,i know yuck just do not want to damage sofa.