Gransnet forums

House and home

Perfect fit blinds, are they good?

(7 Posts)
susytish Mon 15-Aug-22 15:42:11

I am looking for blinds for the conservatory. We had a proper roof put on last year and it has made such a difference. So now looking at blinds for the windows. We are thinking perfect fit. Has anyone got these, or any suggestions for alternatives. We are west facing. We have a sofa bed in there so want something to keep it dark on summer nights.

karmalady Mon 15-Aug-22 17:15:07

There is a big choice of perfect fit blinds and they are also good in the house. I have them on every upstairs window as I wanted blackout and insulation, I also have wooden plantation shutters. It is a fantastic combination. You will need to research the different types, mine are perfect fit hive and I have perfect fit venetion on my garage door, which is s facing

They are fantastic and would get them again in a heartbeat.Fitting appeared easy, although my shutters person measured for them and put them up. You need to watch out for spacing between window handles and window, mine were too close but we got spacers from ebay and the result was very good

MissAdventure Mon 15-Aug-22 18:57:05

There is a thread here somewhere, with some pictures of those blinds that someone posted from their own home.

They look absolutely beautiful!

Doodledog Mon 15-Aug-22 19:06:00

It was this thread that I started when I was considering plantation shutters. I have decided instead to go for Duolight blinds, that Sago was kind enough to photograph for me.

Thanks, Sago

Sago Mon 15-Aug-22 19:07:38

Pleasure DD

karmalady Tue 16-Aug-22 07:25:10

I forgot to say that PF blinds don`t need a drill or holes. The frames just clip into the frame around the glass

maytime2 Tue 16-Aug-22 10:04:52

I have got the same blinds as Sago to fit the French door and small side windows in my lounge which is south facing. I bought them in Dunelm who also fitted them, shortly after moving in, three years ago. They were needed ASAP as the room would get very hot without some shading.
I had off white ones, and they are great. No cleaning required, not like venetian blinds, could wipe them down with a damp cloth if required. The fitter did show my daughter how they could be removed if necessary, but I have never bothered.
They were invaluable in this very hot weather, I would not have been able to use the room otherwise.
I paid just under £500 for them 3 years ago.