Gransnet forums

House and home

Address books

(9 Posts)
Flaxseed Wed 17-Aug-22 10:28:52

First world problem I know!
I have a really old, tatty address book that I would like to replace. But I can’t find any that have a decent amount of space for writing the address.

I don’t need lines for an email addresses.

Does anyone have such a thing?! grin

Calendargirl Wed 17-Aug-22 10:31:57

I would have thought any decent stationers would have one.

I bought one as a Christmas present for someone from my local newsagent cum stationer. For a cousin who had a falling-apart one.

I bet she has never started using it though, still struggling with loose pages and scribbled out addresses!

Witzend Wed 17-Aug-22 10:34:16

Depends what you call decent. Last year I replaced a falling to bits one with a similar size from the RNLI shop - only about 7 x 3.5 inches, but 5 lines for the address. If needed I just use the ‘email’ line too.

I still haven’t transferred everything from the old one but it’s been plenty so far.

Flaxseed Wed 17-Aug-22 10:44:17

Calendargirl, Thanks, There are certainly plenty about, but I am fed up of looking for one with more than 1 or 2 lines for the address bit. confused

Witzend - thanks I will take a look at the RNLI

shysal Wed 17-Aug-22 11:00:05

There are hundreds on Ebay. How about this one?
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394203307468

LauraNorderr Wed 17-Aug-22 11:05:28

I have the RNLI one, plenty of space for even those long addresses.

Flaxseed Wed 17-Aug-22 11:13:00

I have looked on EBay/Amazon etc but got fed up trying to find one with more than two tiny lines for the address.
However, I have now looked at the RNLI one and it looks perfect! So much room.
Thanks, I think I will order one now smile

Spice101 Thu 18-Aug-22 13:50:02

I have an indexed notebook which works well and gives as much space as you need for each entry. It's A5 size

M0nica Thu 18-Aug-22 15:54:57

Any National Trust or independent Stately Home will have them in the giftshop, or you could look online