Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

ATOS

(14 Posts)
Galen Wed 03-Apr-13 12:02:50

The next programmer radio 4 is about the new PIP benefit and ATOS I think

Galen Wed 03-Apr-13 12:34:31

hmm ATOS came over as very nice and reasonable.
Did anyone else listen?
I suspect that what will happen is they will tick boxes on a score sheet, to which the DWP will allocate the pre decided number of points for that box.
A technical difference between who decides yhe score.
I must point out I'm only guessing

gracesmum Wed 03-Apr-13 15:32:06

dxyzmcyubo[aNXJIOIHVIBEOmkxbiusbjb @@@'***!!!@@@***!

If you want my opinion of ATOS smile

Galen Wed 03-Apr-13 15:49:28

You do surprise me! I thought you were their greatest fan!

gracesmum Wed 03-Apr-13 17:47:27

More dzkjxdhncxvxbhcusanc bdsrtdsfkckfkckgjjmznbxvccz@*@*!!
grin
Hope I don't get deleted by Geraldine for bad language!

Galen Wed 03-Apr-13 18:20:07

grin I do wonder what will happen with PIP though?

Smoluski Wed 03-Apr-13 18:52:53

atos is only dealing with certain postcodes there is another company dealing with others,went on a pip training day,also no middle rate only higher or lower,and the condition isn't looked at only the way it affects your daily life,some people will gain and some people will lose.

Galen Wed 03-Apr-13 19:03:49

smol ATOS this morning said that that was what they would be doing. Looking at how you manage your daily life!
It was on radio 4 this am
Capita are the other firm but ATOS have the lions share.

Smoluski Wed 03-Apr-13 20:03:35

Went on a pip training for age uk galencame away with a lot of paperwork,people being asked if they want to self select to change over from DLA to and also the people nearer to crossing to AA from October children change from 2015 it will affect 18 64 year olds AA stays same ...we shall see even lifelong conditions may have to claim every couple of years

Galen Wed 03-Apr-13 20:19:01

I'm not happy about it at all

annodomini Wed 03-Apr-13 20:30:38

I have to do on-line training for CAB - for both PIP and universal credit, though I'd much prefer face-to-face delivery. Don't know if this old dog will be able to cope with all these new tricks.

Greatnan Thu 04-Apr-13 08:18:27

http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/press_20130208.htm

Crapita, as Private Eye named it, has a lousy record in dealing with large scale contracts. Somebody there must know somebody who knows somebody who...........

I fear there will be suicides when people who are manifestly unable to work are judged by medical professionals who know nothing about them. But still.....if it cuts the benefits bill...

vegasmags Thu 04-Apr-13 09:06:48

I have 2 friends, both 70, who both receive DLA and various other allowances on a lifetime basis - one had a serious stroke and the other has MS. They are both terrified of losing these benefits, although I have reassured them that they are exempt from reassessment as they are over 64. Of course, no one knows (I don't think) what future cuts may bring, but my guess is that these older claimants will be allowed to fade out of the picture, possibly ending up in residential care. Apparently, older voters are something of a Tory stronghold - maybe they will escape reassessment until after the next election!

ps Thu 04-Apr-13 18:38:19

Greatnan Somebody at Capita does know somebody, you need to look at the last administration hierarchy to find the connection - allegedly I must add!
I think you are being generous in assuming "medical professionals" will be doing the judging. A telephone diagnosis is stock in trade for Atos - again allegedly!
Ticking boxes with no room for individual considerations seem to be the order of the day and a monkey could do that.
As more and more austerity is introduced (we currently have a debt of nearly £1.4 trillion - 90% of GDP) I can see far more cuts to the benefit budgets. Rhetoric to imply certain groups will be protected is, in my humble opinion, just that - rhetoric and subject to change. Be prepared.