Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

Transferring Product Registration Query

(5 Posts)
GabriellaG54 Sun 12-May-19 21:34:42

It might depend on the product. If you're looking to re-register a vehicle then different rules may apply.
Ask the manufacturer.

GabriellaG54 Sun 12-May-19 21:32:09

...seller decided to upgrade to S8 version hence selling the S7 on eBay. All totally verified by Samsung.

GabriellaG54 Sun 12-May-19 21:29:40

I bought a new Samsung phone from a seller on eBay.
He had broken his Samsung S7 Edge and it was replaced by a new one by Samsung as an insurance replacement. The warranty still had 12 months to run.
When I bought the mobile I rang Samsung, gave the IMEI and serial numbers plus the name of the seller and they put the warranty in my name. No problems at all. All done in a short phone call and confirmed by email.

GeeKay Sun 12-May-19 14:48:08

Hi

What are the rights (if any) of someone in UK law who has become the new owner of a product, which is still registered with the manufacturer under a different name ? In particular, is it possible to have the product re-registered under a new name, if the original owner is unobtainable for whatever reason?

Many thanks.

GeeKay Sun 12-May-19 14:46:49

Hi

What are the rights (if any) of someone in UK law who has become the new owner of a product, which is still registered with the manufacturer under a different name ? In particular, is it possible to have the product re-registered under a new name, if the original owner is unobtainable for whatever reason?

Many thanks.