Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

PPI claim on Littlewoods catalogue .

(7 Posts)
KatyK Sat 27-Jul-19 15:49:24

You don't need paperwork. The Claims Guys got me £800. Not a fortune but not to be sneezed at. Some of it was from a store card I had in 1996 ish. They take 24% but they do all the work. You just fill in a simple form. There are boxes for 'can't remember' which is all I filled in. My sisters have had thousands back.

mcem Tue 23-Jul-19 12:40:45

I claimed a few years ago and my refund paid for a Disneyland Paris trip for 3 DGC and myself.
Yes G B took their cut but I had very little hassle and felt it was worthwhile.

Most of mine came from a Halifax mortgage.
I remember the initial interview very clearly and know that I said I definitely did not need PPI.

Like Paddy I gave in to the pestering when I was pretty sure they'd find nothing!

EllanVannin Tue 23-Jul-19 12:00:41

My D is well on the way for claiming, including an old mortgage . Littlewoods was one she had for years so with a bit of luck she'll be in the money. A percentage will be deducted but it's still acceptable.
I'm waiting on two which are being processed and I've done alright in the past so I'm happy too.

paddyann Tue 23-Jul-19 11:39:53

I was convinced I had never had PPI on anything but was harrassed by a company for months and eventually told them to go ahead and check ,that was in January this year,to date I've had over £10.000 back ...£9,000 of it from Littlewoods as I was a customer 35 years ago .The one piece of advice I would give is make the claim yourself as the companies take a huge amoint of commision when they are successful.My £10,000+ became under £6000still nice to get for nothing but there are ways of claiming yourself.Maybe contact Littlewoods .Good luck.The end date for claims is soon .

MiniMoon Tue 23-Jul-19 11:33:19

Gladstone Brookes is a legitimate company. However I would be wary of answering an advert.
I contacted The Claims Guys about my Gratton catalogue. They sent the forms for my claim, but I had no paperwork, and couldn't remember exact dates. I didn't proceed with the claim, but wonder if it would have been worth persuing.

tiredoldwoman Tue 23-Jul-19 10:34:21

the company was Gladstonebrookes ?

tiredoldwoman Tue 23-Jul-19 10:25:15

This ad popped up last night and interested me so much that before I knew what I was doing I had almost completed their form , then a box came up asking me to sign my name to show my signature . This alarmed me and I aborted the form . Has anyone else had any experience of this ?