Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

And yet another scam

(5 Posts)
Luckygirl Wed 02-Oct-19 09:49:01

I received an email this morning telling me that the direct debit for the annual renewal of TV license had not been processed because there was a problem with getting the money from my account.

I looked at the address it had come from and it was not .gov.uk so I deleted it.

Fairydoll2030 Wed 02-Oct-19 09:57:38

You did the right thing. I also received an email a couple of weeks back demanding that I pay £150 tv licence fee ‘by midnight’ or my tv services would be disconnected.

I pay my licence monthly by direct debit. I too deleted the email after forwarding a copy to Action Fraud.

tiredoldwoman Wed 02-Oct-19 12:28:47

Gosh , I've just had one now, 'This is to inform you that your Bt and internet connection is being cut off - please press 1 to speak to an advisor or 2 to continue the termination ' - a deep creepy almost like ' this is the voice of the Mysterons' from Captain Scarlet ! If anyone remembers him !

Bopeep14 Wed 02-Oct-19 12:39:29

My husband received an email the other day saying they had been filming him via his web cam and that they had infected his computer with malware and they wanted money to delete it.
The worrying thing was they had part of his password correct.
He doesn't have a computer.

GabriellaG54 Thu 03-Oct-19 14:44:33

The worrying thing is, what is his password for?