Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

Holiday refund using Section 75 and or chargeback

(4 Posts)
Cfaz49 Wed 02-Sep-20 17:14:32

Four of us booked and paid for a weeks cruise with Cruise and Maritime. We refused vouchers and were told that a full refund was to be paid out on July 31st.
Well.... they went into administration about 4 days before.
As leading passenger I had paid the whole holiday from a mixture of my credit card for the deposit and debit card direct to the company, not through a third party booking site or travel agents. I sent all the details including conversations by email to both.
The credit card has acknowledged (when pushed) that they received all the paperwork. Nothing from Barclays for the chargeback claim.
Has anyone else out there ever had dealings with a scenario like this? How long before I get some sort of response? Is there any legal time frame?
We have lost in the region of £4,500 between us!

Floradora9 Thu 03-Sep-20 16:15:45

Have you looked at your holiday insurance ?

greengreengrass Thu 03-Sep-20 16:22:38

I usually listen to Radio 4 you and yours consumer affairs programme. There have been a few issues about refunds, lots of different countries, and they have dealt with quite a few cases.

I would listen to the archived episodes, see if you have any similarities and/or send you and yours an email here is site. They may even feature your case on the programme. Good luck

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000l7pt

Cfaz49 Sun 06-Sep-20 08:45:20

Thanks for your reply and the link. I’ll investigate.