Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

Google pay

(3 Posts)
MiniMoon Wed 02-Jun-21 15:27:19

I have just spent 2 fruitless hours trying to set up Google pay with my Nat West card. Filled everything in until I needed verification of my identity. Call your bank it said! Tapped on the number only to be redirected to Nat West's WhatsApp chat line. All good until I was asked for my customer number. I don't have one as I don't have the online banking app. DH does as he uses the account more than me.
Went to install the app, but hit a snag as it wanted the account number. We opted out of paper statements etc, it all goes to DH's phone!
Of course DH is out, accompanied by his phone.
I gave up!!
Why is everything so complicated, when it's supposed to make life easier?

sodapop Wed 02-Jun-21 16:34:11

So agree Minimoon it's frustrating in the extreme.
I have just waded through security precautions to access a secure email only to find the information had not yet been entered. Codes only last 24 hours so will have to do it all again tomorrow grrrrr

Teacheranne Wed 02-Jun-21 17:15:56

I had a similar issue to set up my credit card on Apple Pay when it came to the credit card company sending me the verification text. I’ve had my credit card for so long that it’s only linked to my land line - which does not do texts! So, on phoning the number instead, I was told I first had to register for online banking with that card which meant them posting me a code and setting up some security questions. When I eventually got the letter with the code, I set up the account but still had to phone them to get the Apple Pay verification code!

I persevered and finally have my card set up on my phone so now I don’t need to carry my purse with me all the time. I’m just waiting to try it out next time I go out for a meal!