Thank you all for the excellent advice given on this thread, which prompted me to phone the lender this afternoon.
The lender is pressing for their money back quickly and mentioned that they may be contacting solicitors soon and mentioned the possibility of court action. They did say there was the possibility of remortgaging but this is dependent on our income which I suspect will not be enough.
I would like to put the property on sale as soon as possible. On the phone the lender said that if I could provide evidence of the property being on the market, it would count in our favour. Unfortunately dh is in denial of the seriousness of the situation - he has a habit of this with financial issues. Talking to him this afternoon, I found he has taken out other loans out in his name without my knowledge.
A general election (democratic eh not like Hamas) is taking place in Israel on Tuesday next week.
Rejoice! Chancellor Healey Will Give Us Cheap Marmalade & Gherkins.
a personal comment on this stockpiling
1234 keeps appearing just when a decision is pending — anyone else?



