Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

Threatened with legal action (follow on from potential scam thread)

(57 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

LilyGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 04-Aug-26 16:01:38

Hello

We've removed a couple of comments that felt quite hostile, so we wanted to post a quick reminder... you're not under any obligation to post on a thread. If an opening post causes you frustration, it's probably best to just scroll on by.

Sorry for interrupting your thread, OP. Hope you get some good advice soon.

Cillafan Tue 04-Aug-26 16:00:30

ferry23

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our <a target="_blank" rel="noopener" href="https://www.gransnet.com/info/netiquette">Talk guidelines.</a>

At the end of the conversation when I said I can't part with the money, and been told it's a scam (by the good folk here), she went 'okay', and slammed the phoned down, I really hope that is the end of it.

Cillafan Tue 04-Aug-26 15:58:06

petra

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our <a target="_blank" rel="noopener" href="https://www.gransnet.com/info/netiquette">Talk guidelines.</a>

I'm really not, I put my mobile on block, but she kept phoning, I just wanted to get her out of the way for good, that's when she threatened legal action, I am genuinely naive about legal matters, and I'm certainly not laughing, I feel like crying, my hands were shaking when she put the phone down abruptly.

ferry23 Tue 04-Aug-26 15:46:38

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Ziplok Tue 04-Aug-26 15:40:07

For goodness sake, ignore her. What form have you signed if she’s only been phoning you, how have you managed to sign one? It’s a total scam.
You really must stop engaging with these people, they are trying to frighten you, threatening you with non-existent legal action, but they don’t have a leg to stand on. Ignore, ignore, ignore.

petra Tue 04-Aug-26 15:32:01

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Cillafan Tue 04-Aug-26 15:23:34

Hello again, further to the related thread about vendors deposit scam, the woman from New York phoned, I blocked each call, but she kept on ringing, so I though I'd get it out of the way, because I said I can't (and now won't) release the £4000 vendors deposit required, she has threatened me with legal action, I stupidly signed the commitment to sell form, I said I've told my Solicitor everything (I don't currently have one, she doesn't know that), can I be prosecuted from the USA (or Philippines) over what is obviously a scam ?.........could I be extradited ?.......I'm very naive about the legal system, I don't want to end up in Sing-Sing !......shock