Gransnet forums

Local

Four of Us - c'mon ladies & gents

(6 Posts)
scottydownsouth Sat 15-Jun-13 16:51:01

I'm sure there are more of you popping in and out without saying hello. Whatever can we do to entice you in hmm

Daydreamer Wed 10-Jul-13 22:33:36

I'm here!! Joined a couple of minutes ago!

scottydownsouth Thu 11-Jul-13 10:46:44

Hi Daydreamer and welcome.
It's good to have another member. I am in Whitstone near Bude, semi retired as I work from home (when the sun's not shining), like reading, walking the dog, caravanning and anything to do with IT.
Other members are from East Cornwall, the Wild West, Penryn and near Launceston so we are covering quite an area
Just out of curiosity, how did you find us? We need to get more members in order to get some conversations flowing and at some point arrange to meet up for coffee.
We have Twitter and Facebook pages. Any ideas!!

Daydreamer Thu 11-Jul-13 11:17:51

Hi Scottydownsouth,
Good to hear from you. I live in Lanner, approx 2 miles from Redruth. Originally from Stoke-on-Trent and moved down in 1989, but life has changed a lot in the meantime and I need to make more friends. I'm retired, (although I'm thinking of volunteering for Age Uk), we like travelling and going for walks and have recently redesigned our garden which now looks wonderful, which is just as well, as I'm sitting outside typing one handed! Just had a tendon repaired in my shoulder so in a sling for a month (only two weeks left).

Can't remember exactly how I found the site. I was generally searching using Google for ways to meet people in Cornwall.

I am on Facebook, although I don't use it much. Think it's a good way to keep in touch though. Not a member of Twitter yet, but it looks interesting.

scottydownsouth Thu 11-Jul-13 17:25:07

Hi Daydreamer

Why don't you join us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gransnet-Cornwall-Isles-of-Scilly/414819065259630?ref=hl

Awkward, typing with one hand or trying to do anything with one hand.

Do you have any before and after photo's of your garden, you could be the first to add some to 'Share your pics' at the top of the page. Would love to see them.

We have a very small easy to maintain garden, so apart from a bit of weeding we spend a lot of time just sitting in it.

janreb Fri 13-Dec-13 17:02:23

I'm in Cornwall too