Gransnet forums

Local

One day in Edinburgh

(6 Posts)
Pittcity Thu 17-Oct-13 10:29:52

I am coming up from Essex for the 'northern mini-national' meetup on 1st December with my DH.
We will be arriving at 8am on Saturday 30th November on the night sleeper and so will have a day to explore the city.
Would love recommendations for coffee shops, restaurants, and sightseeing that are easily reached from Waverley Station and the ROSL.

Newleaseoflife Thu 31-Oct-13 16:50:54

Hi Pittcity - Here are a few suggestions for you to enjoy the the beautiful city of Edinburgh. The botanical gardens, The Zoo, The castle, The Old Town St Giles, The cannon gate, The Scottish Parliament, John Knox House, Holyrood Palace. Posh places to lunch - Tiger Lily's, The Dome, In George Street, Harvey Nics, The Gallery on Princess street. Many eateries in Rosé street which is parallel to Princess Street - hope you both have a fab day. See you on the 1st Dec smile

Pittcity Sun 03-Nov-13 16:36:08

Thank you Newleaseoflife for the suggestions...choices, choices!
Looking forward to it grin

GeminiJen Wed 27-Nov-13 12:54:53

Re. Northern mini national meet-up.....I've searched, but can't find any information on this. Anyone care to help a newbie?
Thanks!

Pittcity Thu 28-Nov-13 11:47:43

GeminiJen the thread is here
The meeting in is Edinburgh this Sunday 1st December from 9am to 5pm.
I am sure that you will be welcome.
Please send a message to Elegran who is organising to be included and she will send details.

Pittcity Tue 03-Dec-13 09:24:28

Had a great time meeting everyone and managed to clock up a few miles in Edinburgh over the weekend. Such a lovely city. Would've been better if it wasn't for all the bloomin' tourists grin