Gransnet forums

Local

Over 50s exercise Q&A with local expert, Julie Robinson

(52 Posts)
LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 09-Jul-14 12:37:51

Whether it's a lack of motivation, dodgy ankles, or just a generally creaky feeling, it can be difficult to commit to exercise. Which is why Gransnet Chelmsford has nabbed local expert, Julie Robinson, founder of Move It or Lose It!, to answer all your questions on keeping fit and healthy after 50.

Whether you find exercise difficult for a specific physical reason, or are unsure of what will be safe and effective, add your question for Julie below.

Julie Robinson is the founder of Move It or Lose It! and is passionate about helping people to keep fit after 50. Julie writes regular columns for Yours magazine and People's Friend, answering questions for over 900,000 readers and has a series of DVDs to help those with health and mobility problems.

Julie has also established a nationally accredited training course and is developing a network of instructors to motivate people to stay fit for life at classes across the UK. Move It or Lose It! was the winner of the National Diversity Awards 2012 and Ideal World Fitness Newcomer 2013.

Post your questions below by noon on 23 July and be in with a chance of winning one of 10 Move It or Lose It! exercise DVDs. It's always advisable to talk to your GP before beginning a new exercise regime.

NanSue Thu 31-Jul-14 22:59:18

I bought a vibration plate over a year ago but after the initial burst of enthusiasm it now sits in the spare room gathering dust. I have recently tried to research the benefits of this machine to no avail, Please could you tell me if there are any? Many thanks.