Gransnet forums

Local

Updated Meet Up Thread

(15 Posts)
EnglishRose Thu 04-May-17 19:53:21

Hello all.

To update you, reading through your posts I can see May is too soon, June is tricky and July hasn't been discussed as yet, so here I am asking about July and weekends.

How do you feel about a July date?

How do you feel about a weekend date?

Looking forward to reading your answers.

Alibongo Thu 04-May-17 21:58:49

Hi Gilly,

Hope you are well.

I'd be quite happy with a weekend meet in July although I can't make weekends of 15/16 & 29/30.

I reckon you'll end up sticking a pin in a calendar & going with whichever date the pin ends up in!!

Thank you for your time trying to arrange this.

Best wishes

Alison x

Nandalot Thu 04-May-17 23:04:20

DHs 70th is in early July and son and his Family are coming over to celebrate from 5th to 16th and school holidays and granny duties for local DGCs start on the 20th. But don't worry about me if others can make it then. Weekends might be okay too.
Hoping you can find a date to suit the majority. It seems almost as difficult, as dare I say it, Brexit negotiations.

EnglishRose Thu 04-May-17 23:39:45

Hi Alison and Nandalot flowers

Yes, slightly tricky but we will get there in the end smile just like Brexit, the forthcoming GE, and Uncle Tom Cobbly and all wink LOL grin

It would be lovely if as many as possible could make it so very soon I'll start a thread on dates, and another one on location.

As I said previously, it doesn't have to be in Lincoln itself as there are great parking problems there at the moment confused but there are garden centres, such as Pennels with good coffee shops, and a range of shoes and clothing to browse afterwards for one example, south of Lincoln. Many places north of the city too.

I'll wait until a few more people have replied and then start another thread for those two items.

Take care everyone.

callgirl1 Fri 05-May-17 00:10:51

Are these other places accessible by train, please? I`m available for most dates, unless something crops up at the last minute, so I`ll go with the majority.

Lynker Fri 05-May-17 21:08:47

Hi ladies, I am busy the first 2 weekends in July, but as yet I have nothing booked in for the second half of the month. Good luck with this Gilly!

EnglishRose Sat 06-May-17 18:20:07

Thanks Lynker blush I can do the 3rd weekend in July but then we are off on hols sunshine

Hi callgirl1 smile I can pick you up from Lincoln Station if you can get there? Is that any help. I'll take you back too. wink

Nandalot Tue 09-May-17 12:14:33

3rd weekend in July ok for me at mo. Thanks, Gilly

callgirl1 Tue 09-May-17 16:05:04

That would be great English Rose, thank you.

EnglishRose Tue 09-May-17 17:32:16

Wonderful grin

We are getting there wine

The 3rd weekend in July is either the 15th or 16th (Saturday or Sunday)

So, my next question is which day please?

I'm free both days. flowers

Looking forward to your replies, then we will be on to the venue.

X

Nandalot Wed 10-May-17 12:06:21

I've messed up and thought 15th/16th was the second weekend. Definitely can't do the Sat. Might be able to do Sun. but not sure at mo. Don't worry about me. Suit majority.

Lynker Wed 10-May-17 22:08:20

At the moment I am free 15th and 16th. Would prefer Sat...but could do either.xsmile

callgirl1 Wed 10-May-17 22:16:32

Either for me, will go with the majority.

EnglishRose Sat 13-May-17 17:39:48

Hi everyone.

Saturday is fine for me too. The 15th July.

Sunday may be tricky but I can jiggle things around.

Tentative date then 15th July.

Now a new thread...where and what time. grin

callgirl1 Fri 22-Sep-17 18:08:40

Is it just me, or has the Lincolnshire page gone to pot? Whichever thread I click on, all I get is the square to write messages.