Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Lincolnshire meet-up anyone?

(12 Posts)
Madrigal Fri 12-Apr-13 15:25:32

I'm planning a May meet-up in Lincoln for anyone interested in getting together. Anyone interested?

numberplease Fri 12-Apr-13 16:10:13

Definitely Madrigal, Lincoln is definitely within my reach and pocket!

Madrigal Sat 13-Apr-13 12:28:23

Brilliant! Is there one day better than another for you? I haven't picked a date yet, but I was thinking of meeting at Bunty's tea shop on Steep Hill?

numberplease Sat 13-Apr-13 17:05:01

Do taxis go up there? No way I could ever walk up there, not too good at walking anymore! Any day will be OK for me, apart from Sunday. Hope someone else answers you as well.

numberplease Sat 13-Apr-13 17:06:06

Ooops, sorry, should have said, any day in May apart from the 25th, it`s my granddaughter`s 21st party that day.

jeanie99 Mon 15-Apr-13 22:20:38

Hi Madrigal,

I'm from Lincoln, I'm a new member just joined.

Numberplease,
you could always walk down Steep Hill, catch a bus to the top of Lindum Road.

Not sure where the tea shop is but I could find it, depends though on the date you want to meet up.

Granddaughter having a 21st birthday, I haven't got any grandchildren yet I live in hope though my son gets married this year.

numberplease Tue 16-Apr-13 16:00:20

Jeanie99, lovely to hear from another in Lincolnshire! Does your reply mean that taxis don`t go up Steep Hill at all? I`ll be coming by train to Lincoln, and have difficulty walking very far, so getting a bus and walking DOWN Steep Hill is still a problem.
I wish that Happytrish and Dottie123 would post again, then there`d be a few more of us!

Alex84 Thu 18-Apr-13 12:18:10

Not sure where the tea shop is but I could find it, depends though on the date you want to meet up.

numberplease Thu 18-Apr-13 15:36:36

Madrigal, where ARE you???

numberplease Thu 18-Apr-13 17:56:51

Jeanie and Alex, if you are interested in a meet up, the second half of May is fine with me, any day, apart from May 25th.

jeanie99 Thu 18-Apr-13 20:48:20

Number
No taxis up Steep Hill, the street is split by bollards half way up so no thru traffic.
I believe there is a road that Ts onto Steep Hill via the museum so a taxi could drop you off there, if I've time I'll nip into town and check it out.

From my research the Bunties Tea room is half way up.

I do have quite a number of things I do these are the dates I am available.

Available
1-6-7-8 -14-15-16-20-21-22-24-27-28-29-30-31
I also have a course coming up but don't know the dates yet.
I am a volunteer at the castle for excavation and finds processing but don't know the dates yet so the above may alter, but I'll let you know if there is any difference.
So far though the last week in May looks best for me.

numberplease Fri 19-Apr-13 16:19:06

That would be fine for me as well Jeanie. Ashamed to say this, but have lived in Lincolnshire for almost 36 years, and never been inside the Cathedral or visited the castle.