Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

South west meet up - Exeter

(93 Posts)
Ariadne Mon 02-Sep-13 10:31:48

Hi everyone!

Sorry to have taken a while, (have just cleaned the last little finger marks off the French windows!) but I now need to kick start this! Time seems to have run away with me, so I wondered how you are fixed for early October?

Think I have found a venue, but Grannylin and I will explore it further.

So - I have about ten names so far, but the more the definitely merrier, knowing you lot. Let me know.

sunshine

choicestchard Fri 03-Jan-14 14:36:23

Sad that I missed this meet-up.
Would appreciate you keeping me posted when the next south-west meet up is under way
Happy to help if necessary.

Happy New Year

Ariadne Sat 19-Oct-13 11:25:40

Ga I had to take a diversion bus from Crediton to Barnstaple, and have to say that I would not have liked to drive through some of the lanes!

Went to the Yacht club presentation for DGS2's sake, and it was a real effort, but woth it. xxx

Atqui Sat 19-Oct-13 10:57:57

Great to meet you all .Glad everyone returned safely. Sorry I had to leave so early. I had an un eventful journey and got home in time to touch base before the theatre.

Maniac Sat 19-Oct-13 10:33:50

Yes we had a 'luverly' time!sorry to miss Phoenix et al.
So many conversation threads- quite hard to keep up! So much chat,laughter and fun.Guess if we'd had original 12 they might have thrown us out .Just as well our table was at the end of the room-overlooking the river.
Easy 1/2 mile walk from station.Trains back quite crowded -but back home safe and well at 5.30 pm. Thanks all! I'll post photos.

grannyactivist Fri 18-Oct-13 22:53:11

Well, that was a lovely day followed by a busy evening. So nice to be able to meet up with people.
The bus I came home on (diversion route) bumped into the roof of a property whilst squeezing past another double decker in a country village. Poor householder was furious at the damage caused. shock

Gally Fri 18-Oct-13 22:36:43

Lovely day and thanks to you all. Yes, I got back to DD's an hour ago - exhausted! Nighty night wine

Grannylin Fri 18-Oct-13 22:03:51

Yes we had a lovely time! Where are you Gally.Are you home ok?

Oldgreymare Fri 18-Oct-13 21:57:36

Back home via the local Thai Restaurant.....
Didn't we have a loverly time.......
Sadly, I think I was the only Gran without an i-pad/camera! Maniac took photos tho'
Thanks Ariadne for organising us/venue xx

Anne58 Fri 18-Oct-13 18:43:31

So glad you all had a good time, will definitely make it to the next one!

whenim64 Fri 18-Oct-13 18:11:01

Glad it went well, as they always do. Looking forward to the photos.

Ariadne Fri 18-Oct-13 17:54:40

Loved it! It is so good to put faces to names. We talked and talked and laughed and laughed; OGM took the photos and a lovely young waiter took a group one. Home now - the bus got into Barnstaple dead on time too.

Phoenix - we missed you, and Galen we missed you too. Next time, eh?

Anne58 Fri 18-Oct-13 17:28:55

I do hope you all had a lovely time, just sorry that I couldn't be there.

Marelli Fri 18-Oct-13 13:17:42

Have a great blether!! Let us see some photos, please? smile

whenim64 Fri 18-Oct-13 11:33:39

Have a great time, everyone. We want to know all about it later, with evidence! grin

grannyactivist Fri 18-Oct-13 11:30:31

Okay - it's time to wander down to the venue. Exciting stuff.

Oldgreymare Wed 16-Oct-13 11:37:07

Thanks Grannylin No. 2 son reckons I should be OK.... the confidence of youth (well 40 is looming for him so he may slow down!)
Just bought my tickets when all the lights went out!
Will look at maps and plan (may push the boat out and get a taxi.... pedants won't like that.... boat/taxi hmm)
See you soon!

Grannylin Wed 16-Oct-13 11:01:06

OGM don't know if you know Exeter, but St David's is quite a trek from the city centre.Exeter Central might be better for you if you've got time to kill in the shops, then it's a downhill walk back.

Oldgreymare Wed 16-Oct-13 10:07:13

Going to buy ticket today, route should be OK.... really looking forward to seeing you all, and catching up with Maniac!

Ariadne Wed 16-Oct-13 09:05:37

Oh, and if anyone else wants to come, tell me by tomorrow. You are very welcome.

Ariadne Wed 16-Oct-13 09:04:57

Theseus is sometimes truly wonderful! He says he'll drive me to Exeter, but I'll come back by train. Am about to pm you all with my mobile number etc. grin

Grannylin Tue 15-Oct-13 23:14:14

.Gally and I will be there..probably coming by car so will be on the look out for ga and anyone else wandering along by the river grin

Maniac Tue 15-Oct-13 22:43:38

Booked my train ticket today. 10.03 am
arrives Exeter St Davids 11.33am

Oldgreymare Tue 15-Oct-13 22:35:57

Thanks for the info....will check details.

Ariadne Tue 15-Oct-13 19:54:59

The line from Barnstaple to Exeter is currently using buses in some places....

Oldgreymare Tue 15-Oct-13 19:52:52

Me too! All well here, catching an early train to avoid a long wait in Castle Cary, so will have a mooch around. Anyone else coming from this direction (train is London to Exeter)?