Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Bluewater meet up Saturday 23rd November

(24 Posts)
nanapug Wed 23-Oct-13 14:27:05

Any one up for a coffee and possibly lunch at Bluewater on Saturday 23rd November? I do hope a few people can come. It is lovely to meet and have a good natter. It's a chance to do a bit of shopping for that day we can't yet mention ;)

Lindylooby Wed 23-Oct-13 16:11:06

Hi, thanks for pm, yes in my diary, looking forward to it. Where and what time to meet? Scarf on bag as identification again? X

sweetpea Thu 24-Oct-13 11:42:09

Thank you for pm. I will try my hardest to join you, have a feeling that may be our moving weekend, so may be good to have a bit of space! Things getting a bit stressful! When and where to meet, will keep checking messages. Look forward to meeting you all.

Lindylooby Fri 25-Oct-13 17:32:39

Hi nanapug, been to Bluewater today we could meet in M&S CAFE orCafe Nero on 1st floor, happy with either, lunch for those that fancy it and perhaps some C........ shopping!? Xx

nanapug Fri 25-Oct-13 19:55:49

Hello Lindylooby, I think M&S might be a bit too busy and it may be hard to find each other, but Cafe Nero on the first floor would be a great idea. How about 11am? Then we can move on to lunch if we see fit ;) Don't forget the scarf on the handbag!!

ninathenana Fri 25-Oct-13 20:45:05

I hope to be there.
But as DD has been told to expect DGS's operation end of November we will see.

Lindylooby Sat 26-Oct-13 06:33:33

Cafe Nero at 11. Scarf at the ready! Xx

nanapug Tue 29-Oct-13 18:20:32

Any one else coming? Should be lovely xx

nanapug Sat 16-Nov-13 15:23:57

A quick reminder about next Saturdays meet up. I do hope people will come. I am really looking forward to it and will have my scarf on my handbag to make sure we all meet up ;)

nanapug Sun 17-Nov-13 11:14:27

Oh yes, it's Cafe Nero at 11am. That is upstairs near M&S for any Bluewater virgins ;)

Lindylooby Thu 21-Nov-13 07:33:58

Last call for Bluewater meet up on Saturday 23rd November!
come on anyone in Kent, why not join Nanapug and myself at Cafe Nero in Bluewater, 11am on Saturday, put a scarf on your handbag for identification. We are meeting for a coffee and natter.
Come on, there must be more than 2 of us in Kent? Hope to see some more of you there.

nanapug Fri 22-Nov-13 17:11:29

Lindylooby and Ninathenana, really looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Any one else from Essex and Kent (or anywhere else) very welcome xx

ninathenana Sat 23-Nov-13 09:06:13

Sorry I won't make it ^+<]$ car won't start

nanapug Sat 23-Nov-13 14:21:05

So sorry you couldn't make it ninathenana. Lindylooby and I met up and we had a really lovely time. We chatted for two hours solid, and could have chatted longer. I feel truly blessed to meet such a lovely lady. I am very saddened that so few people come to these meet ups as it is such a lovely way to meet people. I certainly have met a very friendly, like minded lady who I very much hope to keep in touch with smile

ninathenana Sat 23-Nov-13 14:43:28

Apologies to you both. I'm glad you two got on so well smile I was sooo cross I couldn't make it.

Yes it's odd how some meets have quite a few attending and some not.

Lindylooby Sat 23-Nov-13 14:50:58

Nanapug, it was really lovely to meet you today. I truly feel we hit it off straight away, and could have chatted for a lot longer. Thank you so much!
Once Christmas is over we must meet up again, perhaps for lunch next time, so we can have a longer chat?

Gally Sat 23-Nov-13 15:13:04

Good to hear you two had a lovely time. If I lived near Bluewater I would have come too grin. Long time since I have seen Nanapug !

Lindylooby Sat 23-Nov-13 15:21:18

It was great, Ninathenana, and anyone else, just put a message on forum if you would like to join us next time. Lovely meeting new friends.

Lindylooby Sat 23-Nov-13 15:25:08

It was great, Ninathenana, and anyone else, just put a message on forum if you would like to join us next time. Lovely meeting new friends.

nanapug Sat 23-Nov-13 16:34:26

It would have been lovely to see you too Gally, it's only been about 48 years!!

sweetpea Sat 23-Nov-13 21:29:03

Where were you. I arrived just after 11, came in, looked around, hovered outside and did this til 11.30! Had bright pink scarf tied to handbag but found no one else with scarves, or at least none I could see. Let me know when the next meet up is likely to be and I will try again!

Lindylooby Sat 23-Nov-13 21:33:38

Oh Sweetpea, we were right in the middle of the cafe just past the counter. We were there until 12.30 ish. I had a purple scarf tied on my handbag and nanapug a multi coloured one!
will let you know when we are meeting up again, perhaps it won't be so busy next time!

nanapug Sat 23-Nov-13 22:30:40

Oh no. I am so sorry sweetpea. I must admit I didn't realise you were coming so switched off and wasn't looking for anyone else. My humble apologies. We will definitely let you know when we are meeting again x

sweetpea Sun 24-Nov-13 08:54:21

Oh, nanapug and lindylooby I'm sorry too! Will definitely look more closely at ladies handbags next time! Glad you both were able to have a good old natter and I hope to make the next one. smile