Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Hebridean meet up

(33 Posts)
Flowerofthewest Wed 11-Jun-14 14:44:59

Meeting at Kirkibost Cafe North Uist on 1st or 2nd July 2014 .... anyone interested.

whenim64 Wed 09-Jul-14 13:00:17

Haha! I'm not sure I want to know any more now grin

Sounds like you've both had a great time getting to know each other. It sounds idyllic up there. My closest friend is just on her way up to the Orkneys as I'm writing, and is meeting up with someone she got to know on an OU forum whilst she's on holiday. Just like penfriends who decided to meet up after corresponding, isb't it?

newist Wed 09-Jul-14 12:43:47

What do you want to know When signed flowerofthewest

newist Wed 09-Jul-14 12:42:22

Flowerofthewest here crying for help!!!!!!!
Get me out of here this woman is crazy. Guga for lunch, Hen Harrier for supper. is there no escape? When is the boat coming to rescue us. She is a stalker of the worst kind.

Joking aside Newist is fantastic. A wonderful cook. Wow, Smoked salmon pate followed by Venison Casserole then a fantastic chocolate torte, I swear there was some booze in it. Not sure if booze is allowed up here on a Sunday, but who cares.

Thanks goodness she is as bonkers as I am. So relieved. So happy to have met her and her DH. Her computer screen is better than mine though. Another reason to continue our holidays in the Hebrides.

The view from her cottage is amazing. Pale yellow sands and aqua sea.

numberplease Wed 09-Jul-14 02:18:59

Looks beautiful Newist, I`m so envious.

newist Tue 08-Jul-14 21:55:33

www.claddach-kirkibost.org/ I hope this link works, this is where we are meeting up tomorrow

newist Tue 08-Jul-14 21:34:42

Tomorrow Flowerofthewest and myself are having our official GN meet up, we are going to Claddach Kirkibost cafe, which overlooks small Islands, it will be a lovely sunny day, the turquoise sea will be twinkling in the sun. We shall of course, raise our coffee cups in a toast, to all of you lovely people.

newist Sun 29-Jun-14 23:30:31

What a lovely evening. Normally its just my OH and I pottering about. It was lovely having good company and a laugh.

whenim64 Sun 29-Jun-14 14:04:50

Oh, that's lovely, newist. Please tell us more when they've been again. Have a great evening smile

newist Sun 29-Jun-14 13:44:00

What a wonderful first meetup albeit in my kitchen, Mr & Mrs Flower are lovely, it must of gone alright for them because they are coming back tonight grin

newist Sat 28-Jun-14 12:23:08

Thank You

glassortwo Sat 28-Jun-14 11:54:57

new enjoy your meet up, wish we could all come up and see you smile wine

newist Sat 28-Jun-14 11:47:23

I am quite excited about meeting Flower even though its just a mini meetup. I would never of known about her if it wasn't for GN. Thank You All flowers

newist Fri 27-Jun-14 22:35:11

Lots of meetups going on. I am looking forward to meeting Flowerofthewest She will be in Skye now, getting the ferry tomorrow to come to the Island

Flowerofthewest Wed 18-Jun-14 20:53:12

love it love it love it smile)))

newist Tue 17-Jun-14 12:39:36

Not at all fussy, Flaky type, (hot smoked salmon) which is what we have smile

Flowerofthewest Tue 17-Jun-14 12:30:27

Love the dryer version, Brian loves smoked salmon (the usual one) I like the flakey type. (Am I being awkward?) sorry. Bit of a fussfart.

newist Tue 17-Jun-14 10:25:19

Good morning Flower do you like smoked salmon?

Flowerofthewest Tue 17-Jun-14 09:56:23

Looks like it Rosesarered. It will be lovely to meet her at last.

rosesarered Tue 17-Jun-14 09:54:09

Have a good holiday Flower is there just going to be yourself and Newist? Not many G'netters can get to the Hebrides! Send us pics? wine sunshine

Flowerofthewest Tue 17-Jun-14 09:44:06

Main thing I don't like is seafood - love fish but not the other underwater things. Will give the booze a thought. Looking forward to Sun. 29th grin

newist Mon 16-Jun-14 23:43:41

Hello Flower You will have to tell me what you would both like to drink, Your menu is already sorted, I really feel as if I know you already, I am looking forward to meeting you both flowers

Flowerofthewest Mon 16-Jun-14 23:18:16

I am so looking forward to meeting Newist. We are staying just over the road from her (and a little bit along the road) I think. Anyway its not our usual holiday accommodation but the bonus is Newist is my neighbour.

glassortwo Fri 13-Jun-14 21:49:13

Both number and I will be with you in spirit dont know about broomsticks grin

newist Fri 13-Jun-14 21:47:08

We could always have a virtual meet up, if all the broomsticks will get this far smile

glassortwo Fri 13-Jun-14 21:41:05

You will both have a fantastic time smile