Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Reading meet-up

(20 Posts)
Greenfinch Sat 16-Aug-14 18:28:27

I am totally confused ! I posted about this meet-up expecting it to appear on the main site as it usually does but it went onto the local which very few people seem to use so I will repeat.
There is to be a meet-up on Thursday 28th August at John Lewis in Reading town centre. Everyone is very welcome wherever you live but we would particularly like to extend the invitation to our Oxford friends so why don't you dust off your bus passes and join rosesarered on the 39/40 from St.Aldates ? It's a very pleasant ride until you near Reading !

rosesarered Sat 16-Aug-14 19:51:07

yay! looking forward to it already! brew cupcake cupcake

Greenfinch Sat 16-Aug-14 20:32:06

Two cakes !! grin

rosesarered Sun 17-Aug-14 15:51:24

No, not 2 cakes, that was a mistake, it should have been 3 !!

Greenfinch Sun 17-Aug-14 16:35:07

Good job John Lewis do/does a good line in cakes grin

Greenfinch Thu 21-Aug-14 09:16:41

Can I remind everyone about our meet-up in Reading next Thursday (28th).We have delayed the meeting time until about 11.15 as the bus from Oxford doesn't get in until 11am. Do join us if you can. We are just a small group of 2 at the moment.

dustyangel Thu 21-Aug-14 11:45:30

I would if I could but not this time. Maybe in October
Enjoy yourselves.

Greenfinch Thu 21-Aug-14 21:00:19

Deedaa can't come either dustyangel so I suggested to her that we might have another meet-up in October thinking of you as well .Let us know some dates when you can.

Greenfinch Fri 22-Aug-14 10:59:51

Noodles where are you ? Did you get my email?

rosesarered Fri 22-Aug-14 15:10:55

Looks like it's only thee and me this time Greenfinch. More cupcake for us.

Greenfinch Fri 22-Aug-14 16:43:51

Never mind! I'm sure we'll have plenty to talk about. grin
I will keep on advertising it and we may get one or two others.
I'll put it on the local forums too. Looking forward to seeing you.

Greenfinch Sun 24-Aug-14 12:16:14

Just a gentle reminder about our meet-up at the coffee shop in John Lewis on Thursday(11am onwards). There are now 4 of us going :Noodles*,*rosesarered*,*boheminan and myself.
Do join us if you can. The time is flexible :those from Oxford will join us a bit later.

rosesarered Sun 24-Aug-14 15:45:47

Bump!

Greenfinch Tue 26-Aug-14 20:47:22

Still time to join us on Thursday in John Lewis. It would be lovely to see you forbrew and cupcake.

Deedaa Wed 27-Aug-14 00:05:05

Have a good time and I hope I'll see you all next time smile

rosesarered Thu 28-Aug-14 20:10:38

We did have a good time Deedaa thanks. Although we saw very little of what John Lewis had to offer as we spent the time chatting and drinking tea and eating sausages and mash.Well, Greenfinch managed to get sausages and mash [and onion gravy!] that wasn't on offer when I went to buy mine, just sausages and chips [so unfair]. It was just myself and Greenfinch and Noodles this time, so look forward to meeting you there at another get together.

Deedaa Thu 28-Aug-14 21:15:11

Ooh I do like onion gravy with sausages! Still DH's consultant is still happy with him - so that's all good and I shall try to get organised for next time!

Greenfinch Thu 28-Aug-14 22:07:05

Glad your DH had a successful visit to the consultant Deedaa.We had a very enjoyable meet-up and rosesarered's chips looked good too. We barely paused for breath :there was so much to catch up on since the last meetup. Sorry you didn't get your cupcake and cupcake andcupcake rosesarered but I think we would have been there all afternoon if we had waited for the queue to die down. Must be all that free coffee and cakethey give away!

GadaboutGran Fri 29-Aug-14 16:40:46

Sorry - only just seen this but I was doing childcare anyway - & I'm from Berkshire, not Oxford. Maybe in October. I met Deeda at JL at a previous meet-up - must be 2 years ago now.

dustyangel Fri 29-Aug-14 19:09:06

Glad the three of you had a good time and very glad that Deeda's DH is doing well. Maybe October for me as well.