Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

meet ups/ st helens/runcorn merseyside

(7 Posts)
Hermit Sat 03-Jan-15 15:05:35

Please keep me posted to.

marylane1996 Fri 02-Jan-15 12:40:33

Hi whenim64 thanks for the warm welcome and a north west meet up sounds great and i would love to join you. Very new to this sort of thing and as riverwalk says who wants to meet with a total stranger. Feel really stupid but once you meet a few people it all moves from there. I am on my own.... husband died many years ago and not a very welcoming daughter. Have two grandchildren and do volunteer work at local school and nursery. Miss work and the company of adults as my friends have either moved to another part of the country or live in Spain. Keep me posted...many thanks

whenim64 Mon 29-Dec-14 10:04:08

Hi Hermit and Mary and welcome. We have a north-west meetup every two or three months and will be arranging another one soon if you want to join us?

Riverwalk Mon 29-Dec-14 09:46:15

mary I'm not in your area but I wonder if you might have more success if you got to 'know' people here on the board first - who would want to meet up with a total stranger? tchsmile

marylane1996 Mon 29-Dec-14 09:42:34

hi Hermit dont know if there are other people in our area interested in a meet uo lets wait and see. Dont mind travelling a bit. I live in Haydock and am near all the motorways - so far u r my only reply! Keep in touch.

Hermit Wed 24-Dec-14 20:47:12

Yes if we can find some other people.

marylane1996 Sun 07-Dec-14 11:52:06

anyone interested in a xmas or new year meet up