Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

North west meet up

(7 Posts)
fran63 Thu 04-Aug-16 15:20:36

Just returned from a meet up at the villa and met some lovely ladies for coffee. Thank you seasider for arranging this even although I didn't get to meet you, maybe next time.
P.S. Hope I am using the site correctly and that this message gets through to those who were there

Grammar Sat 24-Oct-15 17:51:01

Here's a poster with more information about the Macclesfield event on 12 November.

Grammar Wed 21-Oct-15 16:03:24

A few weeks ago I was involved with an event in Sandbach about "Older People & Digital Inclusion Day", where I was talking about Gransnet Cheshire.

Following that I had an email from Justin Darley and Jessie Blaynee of Sigma about a usability testing event in Macclesfield on Thursday 12 November to tie in with World Usability Day.

They work on digital design and development, focusing on user experience to build sites and applications that people love to use. I think this sounds interesting and have assembled a small group of friends and some of their relatives who are going to join me there.

What Sigma say is "All we need is up to 45 minutes from a few willing volunteers to take part in some video interviews and simple usability testing. They don’t need to bring anything along, but if they have their own devices (phones, or tablets) they are welcome to bring them in.

We are looking for a range of ages and internet experience but, for now, we are keen to find some names so we can book everyone in. We will provide consent forms on the day, as some of the videos captured will support the academic research we’re doing with Salford University, plus we’d like to promote the great digital work happening in Cheshire as part of World Usability Day."

See the following link for more details:
www.worldusabilityday.org/events/2015/world-usability-day-testing-event

They've offered to provide refreshments as part of the deal. If you're interested in taking part, we could perhaps get some Cheshire gransnetters involved.

Let me know what you think.

Grammar Wed 21-Oct-15 15:22:08

Hello and welcome Babesmum. No meetups scheduled just now, but would be happy to arrange something. Usually we get together for coffee or lunch.
Is that something you'd be interested in? What day/time would suit you best?

Babesmum Fri 16-Oct-15 09:35:51

I am new to local site. Any Chester meetups scheduled?Thankyou.

annodomini Wed 05-Aug-15 16:21:35

We did indeed, ann60 and one day I hope you will be able to join us too. Our number had shrunk to four, (Iam64, vegasmags, nelliemoser and me), but nevertheless we were hardly a quiet group! Photograph to follow on my profile.

annsixty Wed 05-Aug-15 09:59:45

I hope you all have a good meeting with lots of chat and a nice lunch. The weather is being kind to you. I "wish I was there".