Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Meet Up Wickford, Essex or nearby

(10 Posts)
NanaPlenty Tue 01-Aug-17 07:52:21

Anyone already meeting in this area or fancy starting a meet up?

peaches50 Tue 22-Aug-17 07:07:26

hello nannyplenty. I'm new to gransnet, and will be moving to Wickford so happy to have a coffee sometime? Live near Mayflower shopping estate, cant drive (I know but this old dog cant learn new tricks...) and have a sick husband and waiting for a knee op but lively in mind and community orientated ....

Crazypussycat18 Sun 10-Sep-17 18:28:15

Hi. I would love to meet up. I live on the Wick Meadows estate, and I drive so I am happy to go to the Mayflower.
I am free most days and could probably meet when it's convenient for everyone else.

Pittcity Fri 22-Sep-17 08:12:35

Is there any news on the Wickford meetup?

Crazypussycat18 Sat 23-Sep-17 04:25:10

Perhaps we could arrange to meet up early next month. I don't know how to set a meeting up but if we all give a few dates each hopefully we can all agree on a suitable day. I am new to this and don't have a clue how it works but as there are now four of us hopefully one of us knows what to do. I will start the ball rolling, so I can do 5th, 7th, 10th or 11th October. Hope to hear from you soon

Pittcity Sat 23-Sep-17 12:32:46

CrazyP.. , I am the editor for the Essex local pages and am just bumping this to keep it on the "Active" page.

Can you suggest a place to meet as well as a date? I will then try to spread the word. (when the local forums are sorted out!!)

Crazypussycat18 Tue 26-Sep-17 17:19:00

Pittcity. I thought I sent a message this morning but it seems to have disappeared. I don't normally post so if you are reading this a second time I apologise. As Peaches doesn't drive but can get to the Mayflower Retail Park it seems best that that's where we meet. How about Tesco's at around 11am on either Thursday 5 or Friday 6 October. We could have a coffee in their cafe. I am going to click on post, so fingers crossed it works this time

peaches50 Tue 26-Sep-17 21:56:39

Hi both, my husband is in hospital Thurs. I'm waiting for a knee operation so Friday at Mayflower would be brilliant (if I could cadge a lift I live 3 minutes away in Gardiners close near the fords social club) or you could come to me, I cant drive either

Crazypussycat18 Wed 27-Sep-17 08:51:41

Peaches. Happy to pick you up on the Friday at approx 10.45. let me know your house number. You can't miss me. I drive a bright yellow car!!!

Pittcity Sun 08-Oct-17 15:48:49

I have received this message from peaches50:
"dear ladies, hope you had a great time Friday and my abject apologies for the no show! My beloved husband started gene therapy - 1st in the uk - for his lung cancer and we've had gruelling !2 hour days of tests and mris etc. They knocked out his immune system and I developed a horrible cold which is a real threat to him as he is so fragile - we had to rush back to the dr for a jab for me and more meds for him, sitting at thome now both feeling evey sorry for oursleves! Please let me know of any other meetings - Im waiting for a knee replacement myself but you are welcome to come to me as soon as my cold goes! "

I have her phone number if any local ladies would like to get in touch.

Email me: [email protected]