Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Swindon meet ups

(68 Posts)
lemongrove Tue 26-Sep-17 16:59:06

Hi all,
A lovely meet up and lunch ( meet earlier next time then they don't throw us out at 3pm.)??
Hope that we can all make the next one at the end of October.

lemongrove Thu 02-Nov-17 11:40:33

Thanks, slightly better today, but miffed I missed all the fun yesterday, so have put the next date in the diary,cheers, hic!

Struggling2do1 Sat 11-Nov-17 15:54:38

22nd is fine for me. Hope that we are all able to meet up. A reminder of the name of the pub would be good. If it's open all day goodness knows what time we will get home!

lemongrove Sat 11-Nov-17 15:57:44

As long as the buses are still running! grin
Are we bringing anything or thinking of a game?
Christmas theme?

brileo Thu 16-Nov-17 18:25:55

Crown Hotel, on the High St - I think it might be open all day I can't remember if we arranged to do anything this time

nanasam Thu 16-Nov-17 19:35:56

Well I’m definitely hoping you’ll think of some more games which weren’t taught last time as we were too busy playing Black Magic! lemongrove I’ll pick you up from Dunelm. What time are we meeting?

nanasam Thu 16-Nov-17 19:37:34

I think we should wear tacky Christmas tops!

Struggling2do1 Fri 17-Nov-17 13:23:34

So is this our Christmas meeting? If so how about bringing a secret Santa gift. I would suggest a spend of £5.37, the exact amout must be spent so may involve more than one item. It is quite a challenge but fun to see what gifts are found for that amount. I don't have a Christmas top, tacky or otherwise but I will see what I can find.
I think that we usually meet at 12:30. Looking forward to it so off to get my gift!

Struggling2do1 Sat 18-Nov-17 19:18:40

Hi Everyone,
If you are all ok with this the plan Lemon & I have agreed is that each will wrap their gift and they can be placed on the table we can then each pick a pressie at random (not our own of course). In order to keep things ananomouse we will need to 'hid' our gift & when time to put it on the table we can all close our eyes (get the wine out of the way first of course) so will not know who has brought what. Clear as mud! I will try to PM everyone so we are all aware. X

Fishpieplease Sat 18-Nov-17 19:31:08

Ok. Have read the messsages and will do my best.

Struggling2do1 Sat 18-Nov-17 21:25:38

Well done fish!

brileo Sun 19-Nov-17 10:08:20

I have booked the table for 12md, so I guess any time after that will work.
Are we not having another meet up in December, or is everyone too busy?

nanasam Sun 19-Nov-17 12:08:49

Feeling very guilty that the Christmas theme is all my fault. I'll be in Oz all of December but wanted to catch up before I went. I'm more than happy for this to be a 'normal' meet (if there is such a thing with us wink) and you do your own thing nearer to Christmas. xx

lemongrove Sun 19-Nov-17 17:51:32

Let’s make it a Christmas meet up just in case we are all too busy in December ( it does get hectic.)
If we do manage to meet up, it could just be a coffee in Dun elm in Dec.
Look forward to seeing you all next Wed.Secret Santa pressies.....hooray!

Struggling2do1 Sun 19-Nov-17 22:06:53

I agree with Lemon, let's go for it.

Fishpieplease Mon 20-Nov-17 08:50:16

nanasam....don’t feel guilty! We all agreed to an earlier get together. It will be good to get in the Christmas mood before December. Besides,it will be entertaining to see the reaction to us arriving in our tasteful(!) Christmas outfits.

lemongrove Mon 20-Nov-17 09:01:40

Eeek! I don’t have a Christmas jumper!

nanasam Mon 20-Nov-17 15:24:08

Wear some tinsel, then!

Struggling2do1 Tue 21-Nov-17 10:17:58

Hi All, I am brewing a horrible cold, sneezing and bunged up with a nasty cough. My daughter and the kids are all unwell with the same cold bug and she has asked me to help her out. I feel really sad but I will need to miss tomorrow. I can't risk spreading my germs with any of you, especially Sam off to Australia soon & feel duty bound to help my daughter. I hope you all have a fun lunch and enjoy opening your secret Santa gifts. Have a great time in Australia Sam, I look forward to hearing all about it. X

lemongrove Tue 21-Nov-17 10:43:15

See you next time, and hope you will feel better soon ( we will raise a glass to you!) x

brileo Tue 21-Nov-17 11:01:27

Oh no struggling, hope you feel better very soon, and thanks for keeping your germs to yourself. LOL
I am struggling with the Secret Santa, as I am currently in Paris, due home tonight around 9pm, so not much time to go shopping, and I do not have a christmas jumper of any description, BUT I will see what I can do, (look out the tinsel)

Fishpieplease Tue 21-Nov-17 11:13:45

How rotten for you,struggling. We’ll miss you,and be thinking of you. Hope the colds don’t drag on too long. X

nanasam Tue 21-Nov-17 13:02:20

Oh, dear, poor you, hope it doesn’t last too long. We’ll raise a glass to you wine. Xx

Fishpieplease Tue 21-Nov-17 15:06:33

Why don’t we postpone the secret Santa till next meeting as it’s a shame that struggling will miss out and brileo might not have a chance to sort hers out? I’m easy,just a thought.

lemongrove Tue 21-Nov-17 16:40:53

Best to postpone the santa gift until next time ( I have just wrapped it,lol.)
Nanasam won’t be at the next one mind you.grin what to do?

Struggling2do1 Thu 23-Nov-17 09:21:29

Hi All, sorry to have caused such confusion re SS by not being able to come. Hope that you all had a fab time. I am still feeling unwell but sneezing less so hopefully on the mend. Have a great time away Sam. X