Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Meet ups in SW London?

(14 Posts)
vixen Wed 11-May-22 10:02:21

Hi Meet, Bette22, DecAnts, MaudLillian and Tabitha

I realise this post is extremely old but I'm hoping my message might be seen. I've just joined and I live in Carshalton and am interested in meeting new people.

grannyornot Mon 24-Feb-20 22:15:19

Hi Bette 22
I don't think it did as it goes back to 2018, but there is no harm in starting a meet up.

Bette22 Wed 19-Feb-20 09:39:36

Hello Wimbledon Womble girls . Did this meet up get off the ground if so would be interested in joining in ?

meet Fri 15-Nov-19 13:50:37

Hi Decants
I would like to meet up in the SW19 area, I live a bit further out in Stoneleigh but am in Wimbledon 3 times a week.

DecAnts Thu 31-Oct-19 16:59:16

Hi all you Wimbledon Wombles girls !
Anyone interested in reviving this little group ? There are loads of nice places around the Village or near the station perfect for jolly pre-Christmas mulled wine and chat. Gransnetters of any age welcome, even those without GC. Suggestions for convenient dates and times welcome. ??☕️????

MaudLillian Thu 24-May-18 22:55:46

Is SW19 Wimbledon/Earlsfield area? I live in Worcester Park KT4 and can travel easily to Wimbledon, Earlsfied etc. It's now the end of May and I have just seen this post, being quite new to Gransnet, If anyone is up for a coffee in Pret a Manger in Wimbledon on 30 May or 31st or maybe 6th, 7th or 8th June, I'm game! Could be there on any of these days for any time after 1pm.

Tabitha Fri 13-Apr-18 13:26:03

Hi everyone who replied to my original post re a SW London meet up

So sorry, I posted it at start of February and only just saw the above replies a day or 2 ago! I thought that when you had replies that Gransnet informed you of this on your normal e mail address but as I didn't have any such message I just assumed that I had no replies.

Anyway would still like to meet up with some "locals" for a coffee/chat. I live on borders of SW17/SW18/19 -( often dogwalk around there, any other local dogwalkers?) - but would travel. I will definitely read any replies this time if I have any!

Anyone free, for example, the week after next, i.e. week starting April 23?

alchemillamollis Sun 25-Mar-18 07:58:26

I'm in SW19 too, and would love to meet up locally. A few of us have met up around here before, at the Lu-Ma cafe opposite Wimbledon Guild. GrandmaMoira, there's a very good tramline from Croydon to Wimbledon, if that helps?

eileen66 Sun 11-Mar-18 04:51:07

Hi how are you? I live in SW 16, I'm Eileen, 67 retired, if you fancy meeting up for a tea n chat ?

eileen66 Wed 07-Mar-18 12:02:31

Hi I'm Eileen, live in SW 16 I'm retired 67 if you fancy a tea n chat
Have a great day
smile

michellehargreaves Thu 22-Feb-18 11:24:13

Sw14 here. Happy to meet up. Always good to meet new people! ?

Moomum Wed 21-Feb-18 18:49:47

Whereabout in SW are you? I am SW19 and happy to meet up for coffee / chat.

GrandmaMoira Sun 04-Feb-18 15:17:12

I can't do SW London but if you wanted to expand and include SE London, I'd like to meet up somewhere south central like south bank or further out at Croydon.

Tabitha Fri 02-Feb-18 21:57:26

I live in SW London and now that am semi-retired would like to meet some more local people, or at least ones that don't live too far away. Just for an occasional coffee/chat etc. I can make most SW locations south of the river and am free most daytimes as my work can be done from home and in my own time.