Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

York meet-up February 27th.

(33 Posts)
oldgoat Sat 03-Feb-18 08:51:25

Anyone interested in meeting for lunch on Tuesday 27th February at Côte Brasserie in Petergate at 12.30 ?
One of the Edinburgh GNers will be joining us and would like to meet some Yorkshire Grans.

allsortsofbags Tue 27-Feb-18 21:45:28

Have been busy on the web looking up 5W and Thelma and Louise sites. Passed them on to DD2 and some friends, I'm sure they will prove valuable.

Thanks for the info ladies, oh and couple of new books downloaded :-)

Millbrook Tue 27-Feb-18 19:38:31

*lovely

Millbrook Tue 27-Feb-18 19:38:17

Really ovely to meet everyone and thanks to OldGoat for organising. 'Picture postcard' snow scenes were an added bonus! smile

Greyduster Tue 27-Feb-18 18:53:25

I missed you all today. I shall look forward to the next one. So glad you all had a nice time ?!

Jane10 Tue 27-Feb-18 18:51:57

Looks like you all had a great time. It's a Gran thing!

GeminiJen Tue 27-Feb-18 18:31:55

Thanks from me too for a really enjoyable get together. Hope I can join you again some time. Hope too that everyone made it home without mishap smile

Alygran Tue 27-Feb-18 17:56:04

Lovely to meet everyone. Good food and great company again.

Artyfarty Tue 27-Feb-18 17:40:18

Had a lovely afternoon, it was great to meet you all. Busy now looking up the websites that were recommended!

allsortsofbags Tue 27-Feb-18 17:32:55

Thank you so much for an invigorating, informative and fun meet-up. Hope you all made it home safe.

Lovely to meet you all and thanks to oldgoat for organising it. So special meeting new people as it isn't easy having left the workforce.

Hope to see you all again sometime.

Safe journeys and may you find lots more adventures :-)

oldgoat Tue 27-Feb-18 17:08:30

Good to meet you all again and welcome to GNers from the farthest outposts of Yorkshire: Doncaster, Ilkley and Northallerton and also our special guest geminiJen from North of the Border.
Hope you all made it home safely through the blizzard. York looks lovely covered in snow, doesn't it?

oldgoat Sat 24-Feb-18 09:07:13

I must stop checking the weather forecast. Just keeping everything crossed for Tuesday but please email me if you can't make it.
I'll PM you next time we have a meetup gardenoma so you can join us - there are other GNers who live in your area and come to our meetings.

Artyfarty Sat 24-Feb-18 08:47:42

After the Michael Fish fiasco a few years back they seem to overcompensate now with weather warnings. We won’t know for sure until Tuesday and it will be what it will be! The worry is if transport is disrupted as the slightest fall of snow seems to bring the country to a halt. smile

Greyduster Sat 24-Feb-18 08:28:25

Same here. Fingers crossed.

gardenoma Sat 24-Feb-18 08:25:20

I only just clocked this post.
I'm from the Northallerton area so it's not that far to come.
Unfortunately I can't make this tues but would love to join you next time if you'll let me ?

grannyqueenie Sat 24-Feb-18 08:18:30

I’m hoping to be there but it really just depends on the weather on the day. Sometimes tv hype up the snow thing into much more of a problem than it really is leading to a lot of unnecessary panic. Other times they’re spot on, who knows which it will be next week!

Artyfarty Fri 23-Feb-18 22:58:28

The same thought had crossed my mind on hearing the weather forecast. I don’t have to come far but others have further to travel.

oldgoat Fri 23-Feb-18 22:26:19

Fingers crossed that the snow doesn't fall in York on Tuesday but I know that some of us are travelling from way out of town so may not be able to make it. Please just let me know as soon as possible if you can't come.

allsortsofbags Fri 23-Feb-18 19:52:48

Willow500 If I'm allowed back :-) I'd be happy to go on the train or I'll drive and you are more than welcome to come with me.

If I'm going into town I park at the Fulford Outlet and use the Park & Ride that way I get to look round the Outlet and have time in town. But I'm happy to be flexible.

If you're from Donny may be we can meet sometime for a coffee.

Hope the window fitting goes well. :-)

Millbrook Thu 22-Feb-18 10:15:15

Looking forward to meeting everyone, in lovely York!

oldgoat Wed 21-Feb-18 16:22:10

Sorry you can't make it willow but there will be another time, I'm sure.

Willow500 Wed 21-Feb-18 16:17:21

Dang - this time I've just arranged for a window to be fitted that day! sad Fated not to get to one of these meet ups. Allsortsofbags next time there is one if you can go we could travel together on the train from Donny.

Artyfarty Wed 21-Feb-18 15:54:38

Looking forward to seeing everyone, see you there.

oldgoat Wed 21-Feb-18 13:43:42

Looking forward to seeing you all next Tuesday, 27th. There are 8 of us now. If you can't make it after all, please let me know as soon as possible.
There is still room for more so if you haven’t spotted this thread before, please just get in touch and I'll make sure there is space at the table for you.

allsortsofbags Fri 09-Feb-18 12:04:26

Thank you so much. I do love this community but it would be lovely to have some good old fashioned face to face time with folks :-) I shall look forward it :-)

oldgoat Thu 08-Feb-18 22:22:02

Hello allsortsofbags Of course you can join us on the 27th. The more the merrier.