Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Canterbury

(12 Posts)
NannyG4 Sun 05-Aug-18 21:13:11

Does anyone ever meet in the Canterbury area?. We have just moved to Kent to be near fami!y...don't know anyone so would love to meet like minded grans..am missing having some female chatter!!

silverlining48 Sun 05-Aug-18 22:38:21

We meet at Bluewater, if it’s not too far our next meet up is 23 rd August in Waterstones cafe at 11.30am. You woukd be most welcome.

NannyG4 Mon 06-Aug-18 11:00:12

Thanks for that....I just need to get my bearings and see how long it would take me. I can't get to your next meet up but will keep an eye out for future ones.

ninathenana Mon 06-Aug-18 15:33:45

Caterbury to Bluewater shopping centre is about an hour. It's a straight run via M2. smile

NannyG4 Mon 06-Aug-18 17:06:55

Thank you ninathenana. We are actually near to Tenterden but I thought Canterbury wouldn't be too far to travel but I will certainly look at Bluewater...I could also do some shopping too!!

silverlining48 Tue 21-Aug-18 11:03:51

You would be most welcome nannyg4.

silverlining48 Tue 21-Aug-18 11:04:45

Think I have already said that....
Oh dear!

NannyG4 Tue 21-Aug-18 23:34:31

Thanks Silverlining......I definately can't make this next meet up which is a shame......we've been here a few weeks now and I must admit have missed meeting up with friends for coffee/lunch. Is Bluewater the only meet up venue? Regards.......

silverlining48 Wed 22-Aug-18 07:40:50

Nannyg4 hope you settle in soon, it can be hard coming to a new area but I am sure it won’t be long if you try a few local groups, u3a, WI, also particular to Kent there are active retirement associations usually with the place name put in front, like tentara, cantara, maidara ( tenterden, Canterbury Maidstone etc) which might be of interest with monthly meetings, lots of activities. Trips and holidays too.

We always meet at Bluewater as it means anyone in the surrounding areas can combine shopping with a chat. if you drive it’s not that far, about 50 minutes from Canterbury by road. hope you can make it sometime. Or you could post yourself suggesting meeting somewhere closer to where you are. It’s worth a try. Good luck and hope to see you soon.

NannyG4 Wed 22-Aug-18 08:56:43

Thank you very much I will certainly look up your suggestions and hopefully will get to Bluewater soon. Kind regards.

Tobegran Wed 16-Jun-21 08:54:47

I just found your old message from 2018 when you girst moved to Kent. I am a single soon to be gran thinking of moving to Kent from Somerset to be with son and family. How did you get on. Did you find it easy to make friends?

Tobegran Sat 10-Jul-21 16:59:11

Hi Tobegran
I am also a single to gran living in Somerset and contmplating moving to kent to be nearer son and family in East London. I would love to know how you get on