Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Reigate Meet-Up?

(2 Posts)
NothingLeftToInheritDarlings Mon 08-Apr-19 18:16:19

Wondering if anyone wants to meet up for coffee in Reigate, Surrey on a Monday or Friday morning once a month?

Potted Bio: I'm fairly new to Reigate, semi-retired and enjoy lots of travelling, preferring off-the-beaten-track locations (jungle trekking over pools and beaches), reading, music, cinema, wine and good food, and gardening. I'm married, and my husband is working part-time as well - although it tends to be six month contracts then a few months off. We've lived overseas for quite a few years in both the Far East and Middle East. I have a huge family but most of them live in Shropshire, Australia, Malaysia, the USA, and Singapore. Hence the long-distance travels. Our youngest is still living at home.

We've found that making new friends is much harder when your children are in their twenties and (almost) independent! Anyone else feeling the same way? I'd love to meet.

Moll22 Sun 16-Jun-19 09:32:41

Hi NLTID, thought I’d reply to your post- sadly living too far away in Dorset to meet up- but am in very similar situation as you, our youngest still living with us, only been in this area a year, my husband still working. Enjoy gardening,cinema etc etc
Finding it’s definitely quite difficult making new friends in my 50s ( have dogs so at least get to have the occasional chat with people) thinking of joining a club- not sure what!